By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 52): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - December 25-31 2017

PAOerfulone said:
Splatoon 2 should reach 2 million, I think, sometime in February, end of January at the earliest.

Retail only? Needs under 240k, all depends on next week

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Thanks for the edit. 

Anyway this is far from the first time I've referenced dengeki or famitsu. It's famitsu year end sales completed so it definitely justifies a mention. Now stop arguing with me for the sake of it. 

Yeah i edites because i made a mistake regarding vgc numbers. That said im not gonna go digging up the thread because you post alot and it take so much time to prove a point but i clearly remember you pointing out we all should just use 1 tracker. That said i aint trying to argue so ill agree to disagree

I actually said we should generally use 1 tracker on a weekly basis. Never said you can't for the entire year. Stop cherry picking things I said out of context just to start an argument with me. You said in another thread you were going to stop this back and forth yet here we are. 

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

Yeah i edites because i made a mistake regarding vgc numbers. That said im not gonna go digging up the thread because you post alot and it take so much time to prove a point but i clearly remember you pointing out we all should just use 1 tracker. That said i aint trying to argue so ill agree to disagree

I actually said we should generally use 1 tracker on a weekly basis. Never said you can't for the entire year.

Wellthereitis.gif

Cant call me out for picking them cherries with this post :)

The PS4 finished 2017 flat compared to 2016 mainly because of not having much compelling software for the last quarter of the CY and Sony not cutting the price. It will be interesting to see how much Monster Hunter World will help the PS4's sales as Sony will bundle the game with the standard PS4.

As it should be noted splat2 might have already and most likely overtaken dq11 on 3ds on the final week of the year. But to make it harder itll be 100% next ... Anyways here yall gooo

Splat2 vs DQ11

Splatoon2: 1.764mil
DQ(ps4): 1.406mil
DQ(3ds): 1.806mil
DQ(Com): 3.212mil

Splat2 losing by...

Ps4: BEATEN!
3ds: 42k
DQ: 1.448mil

Around the Network

Meh week from the PS4. It usually does well this week.

So according to Media Create, XC 2 did 12k for the third week in a row(give or take).So its been mostly flat for three weeks straight, even with the smaller ammount of Switch sold this week!With the final week of 2017, XC 2 has basically sold as well as X lifetime sales in just one month.

Im really proud of the game.This franchise and the game deserves all the recognition it can get, and if this keeps up, it will easily breeze through 200k physical only!Hell, depending on how well the game sells in january(remembering that the game is out of stock!),since it will give us a better idea on how the legs of the game will be, it might reach 300k physically this year alone.Assuming it has a similar pattern across the world, XC 2 will sell way better than past entries!

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

On another note, Xenoverse 2 is doing absurdely well on Switch.It will soon pass ther PS4 version over there, if it hasnt already.Shame that Bandai will not be able to release a version of Fighters Z for the Switch alongside the other versions.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

Alkibiádēs said:
I really wonder why there's still 7000 people buying a Vita every week lol. The Switch makes it completely redundant.

Vita is still getting a kind of support that still hasnt migrated to the Switch.This will probably change this year.

Poweranimals said:

So the Famitsu numbers were fake? Glad to see Odyssey still at #1.

They are not fake, they simply use different metrics than MC.Its just accepted that MC is more reliable.Thats not to say that famitsu numbers arent good, just not as "fine tuned" as MC.