By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 52): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - December 25-31 2017

tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

I personally use mc but you can't deny famitsu numbers and you can't deny vgchartz which gets an average between the two. Ps4 had a phenominal 2017. 

That right there basically is the reason why we need to pick 1 tracker. Its convient for you (or any1 else) to cherry pick. That said famitsu had 53weeks when it really is 52 weeks (aka its down more YoY when lined up properly). Another reason mc is superior and doesn't mess things up. Ps4 did have a great year no denying that. Especially first 3quarters

We don't need to do anything. I can do what I want and I've always primarily used mediacreate and vgchartz numbers which is a combination of the too. The only reason you don't see me talking about the vgchartz figures is because they are always over a month late updating them. Back when they did their sales on time I'd comment on them. 

I've also always commented on famitsu numbers come the end of the year when they have their totals. They are worth considering and even when you take away week 53 and get the average between both trackers ps4 is still higher this year.

At this point you're just looking for an argument. 

Around the Network

I really wonder why there's still 7000 people buying a Vita every week lol. The Switch makes it completely redundant.

"The strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must" - Thoukydides

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

That right there basically is the reason why we need to pick 1 tracker. Its convient for you (or any1 else) to cherry pick. That said famitsu had 53weeks when it really is 52 weeks (aka its down more YoY when lined up properly). Another reason mc is superior and doesn't mess things up. Ps4 did have a great year no denying that. Especially first 3quarters

We don't need to do anything. I can do what I want and I've always primarily used mediacreate and vgchartz numbers which is a combination of the too. The only reason you don't see me talking about the vgchartz figures is because they are always over a month late updating them. Back when they did their sales on time I'd comment on them. 

I've also always commented on famitsu numbers come the end of the year when they have their totals. They are worth considering and even when you take away week 53 and get the average between both trackers ps4 is still higher this year.

Nah, for 1 thing a couple of MC threads ago you, me, and many others here had a debate that only one tracker should be used. I forgot how the argument came to be but i remember agreeing with you that it should be 1 (in most case MC) that should be used. Your now cherry picking just to put up ps4 sales to be up YoY. (Its basically flat anyway). Even Switch someone could just say "NSW beat WiiU lifetime in its first year" but it be wrong as its about 17k short of the target.

Edit: nvm

Last edited by tbone51 - on 09 January 2018

RolStoppable said:
Switch failed to pass Wii U by ~15k according to Media Create. Meanwhile, Famitsu has Switch ahead by almost 100k.

Only a minor disappointment in the grand scheme of things. Switch was Japan's #1 hardware in 2017 by a comfortable margin and had three million sellers in its first ten months. Overall, Nintendo controlled ~70% of the hardware market.

15k, just goes to show famitsu is totally off. Big difference between the two. Famistu is known for adjusting HW to even out with MC (look at this week for instance from last week)

So switch didnt beat wii u, ps4 aint up YoY and nintendo was king this year, by a huge margin. Lets see how 2018 goes

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Nah, for 1 thing a couple of MC threads ago you, me, and many others here had a debate that only one tracker should be used. I forgot how the argument came to be but i remember agreeing with you that it should be 1 (in most case MC) that should be used. Your now cherry picking just to put up ps4 sales to be up YoY. (Its basically flat anyway). Even Switch someone could just say "NSW beat WiiU lifetime in its first year" but it be wrong as its about 17k short of the target.

Thanks for the edit. 

Anyway this is far from the first time I've referenced dengeki or famitsu. It's famitsu year end sales completed so it definitely justifies a mention. Now stop arguing with me for the sake of it. 

Kerotan said:
tbone51 said:

Thanks for the edit. 

Anyway this is far from the first time I've referenced dengeki or famitsu. It's famitsu year end sales completed so it definitely justifies a mention. Now stop arguing with me for the sake of it. 

Yeah i edites because i made a mistake regarding vgc numbers. That said im not gonna go digging up the thread because you post alot and it take so much time to prove a point but i clearly remember you pointing out we all should just use 1 tracker. That said i aint trying to argue so ill agree to disagree

So the Famitsu numbers were fake? Glad to see Odyssey still at #1.

Splatoon 2 should reach 2 million, I think, sometime in February, end of January at the earliest.

Nice numbers, both software and hardware

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]