By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 52): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - December 25-31 2017

Fifa 18 on switch is selling well,wonder with its legs will it eventually beat the ps4 version

Around the Network

Still good sales for the Switch because It's January

Ps4 slightly down yoy with mc and up a good bit with famitsu. When vgchartz take the average between the two ps4 will be up. Great year.

6m celebration coming soon for the ps4.

Seeing Xenoblade 2 return to the top 20 makes me smile. Hope it stays there a while longer...game deserves more recognition (but mostly I need more fan art).

Big fall for the Switch, but I suppose it’s inevitable. Curious what the baseline will be.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Kerotan said:
Ps4 slightly down yoy with mc and up a good bit with famitsu. When vgchartz take the average between the two ps4 will be up. Great year.

Just use MC like you said a few weeks ago. Its wrong putting the 2 together (for avg) and not to pick which ever side favors someones post/agenda (your words) ;)

Around the Network

Switch software sales are incredible. I hope Nintendo can stay above 60k every week now. They really need to up their shipment.

• Switch – 134,519 (269,684) -50.12%
  • PlayStation 4 – 49,631 (67,257) -26.21%
  • 3DS – 36,814 (80,637) -54.35%
  • PlayStation Vita – 7,970 (14,041) -43.45%
  • Xbox One – 358 (719) - 50.21%
  • PlayStation 3 – 58 (40) +45.00%
  • Wii U – 44 (98) -55.10%
  • Post-holiday drops for everyone! Except PS3, it's on FIRE!

Signature goes here!

tbone51 said:
    Kerotan said:

Just use MC like you said a few weeks ago. Its wrong putting the 2 together (for avg) and not to pick which ever side favors someones post/agenda (your words) ;)

I personally use mc but you can't deny famitsu numbers and you can't deny vgchartz which gets an average between the two. Ps4 had a phenominal 2017. 

MC
    FIFA 18
    PS4 79,701
    Switch 62,783

Dragonball Xenoverse 2
    PS4 87,105
    Switch 96,040

Kerotan said:
    tbone51 said:

I personally use mc but you can't deny famitsu numbers and you can't deny vgchartz which gets an average between the two. Ps4 had a phenominal 2017. 

That right there basically is the reason why we need to pick 1 tracker. Its convient for you (or any1 else) to cherry pick. That said famitsu had 53weeks when it really is 52 weeks (aka its down more YoY when lined up properly). Another reason mc is superior and doesn't mess things up. Ps4 did have a great year no denying that. Especially first 3quarters