By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 52): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - December 25-31 2017

Jranation said:
kazuyamishima said:
Oh yeah, a handled selling really will in Japan.

That's new!

What happened to the Vita though?

Oh yeah, I forgot to put Nintendo + Handled + Japan = Win

is that better?

Around the Network
Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

It didn't get monster Hunter 

If they were able to get MH on PS4, I wonder why they didn't do it for the Vita? 

Even saying that, The Vita could have gotten a new exclusive IP that should have exploded (Minecraft was "like" an exclusive to handhelds and it did sell over 1million) like how the 3DS got Yokai Watch, or the Wii U with Splatoon. 

kazuyamishima said:
Jranation said:

is that better?

Now that equation make sense! 

Pocky Lover Boy! 

When are the next numbers coming

Jranation said:
Kerotan said:

It didn't get monster Hunter 

If they were able to get MH on PS4, I wonder why they didn't do it for the Vita? 

Even saying that, The Vita could have gotten a new exclusive IP that should have exploded (Minecraft was "like" an exclusive to handhelds and it did sell over 1million) like how the 3DS got Yokai Watch, or the Wii U with Splatoon. 

kazuyamishima said:

is that better?

Nintendo got the exclusive deal instead of Sony. Yokai watch was also in development for playstation so if it had of had Yokai, monster Hunter and minecraft I think it would have sold 10m+

The bigger sales would have driven more support from other devs too. Basically after the psp disrupted Nintendo for the first time ever by providing competition in the handheld market they didn't want it to happen again and they shut down any chance the vita had. 

You have to say from a business point of view they played their cards right. 

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

Nintendo got the exclusive deal instead of Sony. Yokai watch was also in development for playstation so if it had of had Yokai, monster Hunter and minecraft I think it would have sold 10m+

The bigger sales would have driven more support from other devs too. Basically after the psp disrupted Nintendo for the first time ever by providing competition in the handheld market they didn't want it to happen again and they shut down any chance the vita had. 

I'd say Sony did most of the screwing up of the chances the Vita had on its own. Nintendo just kicked it some more when it was down.

Last edited by TruckOSaurus - on 10 January 2018

Signature goes here!

Around the Network
Aura7541 said:
The PS4 finished 2017 flat compared to 2016 mainly because of not having much compelling software for the last quarter of the CY and Sony not cutting the price. It will be interesting to see how much Monster Hunter World will help the PS4's sales as Sony will bundle the game with the standard PS4.

It's odd. Sony was far more aggressive with PS3 price cuts in Japan, whereas they seem to be ok with charging JP more than most of the world.

Have to imagine that there's going to be a pretty significant price cut coming in next 6 months.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

Is that MH deal really true? Or is it a myth? If someone has proof can you post a link

tbone51 said:
Is that MH deal really true? Or is it a myth? If someone has proof can you post a link

What MH deal are you referencing?

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.

outlawauron said:
Aura7541 said:
The PS4 finished 2017 flat compared to 2016 mainly because of not having much compelling software for the last quarter of the CY and Sony not cutting the price. It will be interesting to see how much Monster Hunter World will help the PS4's sales as Sony will bundle the game with the standard PS4.

It's odd. Sony was far more aggressive with PS3 price cuts in Japan, whereas they seem to be ok with charging JP more than most of the world.

Have to imagine that there's going to be a pretty significant price cut coming in next 6 months.

That is indeed very odd considering that the PS4 has more room for pricecuts than the PS3 thanks to its usage of x86 instead of proprietary alien tech.

Kerotan said:
Jranation said:

Did this exclusive deal ended when they started developing MH World? (Not sure if they have said how long it took to make that game) 

Pocky Lover Boy!