By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 16 December 2017

Nate4Drake said:
PS4 domination this gen. It's almost like a PS2 with market share.

PS4 is at 60% at the moment, but that's only because the Switch just released. PS2 was over 73%.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
Nate4Drake said:
PS4 domination this gen. It's almost like a PS2 with market share.

PS4 is at 60% at the moment, but that's only because the Switch just released. PS2 was over 73%.

But isn't the Switch considered a new generation? I don't think its sales have any effect in terms of PS4's absolute dominance for its generation, sending the Wii U home early and even taking over in Microsoft's home turf.

Muffin31190 said:
Do we know the Total Sales for each console for 2017?

we only have PS4 numbers so far.... but it ll likely be something like this:

PS4 20.2m
XB1 ~7m
NSW ~12-13m

JRPGfan said:
Muffin31190 said:
Do we know the Total Sales for each console for 2017?

PS4 20.2m
XB1 ~7m
NSW ~12-13m

XB1 is already at 7.9 million, it will likely sell closer to 8.5/9 million this year.

The Switch is at 10.9 so I think 13 million is out of reach now.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

God I love watching people go fucking rabid anytime someone says something less than excellent about the Switch. We have way too little information to be able to confidently predict it's trajectory going forward and yet we have people acting like they've seen into the future haha.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Normchacho said:
God I love watching people go fucking rabid anytime someone says something less than excellent about the Switch. We have way too little information to be able to confidently predict it's trajectory going forward and yet we have people acting like they've seen into the future haha.

Nope... with the data we have, we can safely say it will sell over 130M... anyone saying less is a hater. And of course PS4 numbers show it can't sell over 110M.

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

DonFerrari said:
Normchacho said:

Nope... with the data we have, we can safely say it will sell over 130M... anyone saying less is a hater. And of course PS4 numbers show it can't sell over 110M.

Hahahaha you joke, but that's not far off from some of the sentiments here.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

Normchacho said:
JRPGfan said:

PS4 20.2m
XB1 ~7m
NSW ~12-13m

XB1 is already at 7.9 million, it will likely sell closer to 8.5/9 million this year.

That would only be true if X1 wasn't heavily overtracked on VGC, which it surely is...by 1-2 million.

Errorist76 said:
Normchacho said:

That would only be true if X1 wasn't heavily overtracked on VGC, which it surely is...by 1-2 million.

I honestly haven't payed much attention to how accurate the tracking of the Xbox One has been since we don't get official numbers anymore, what makes you think it's so heavily overtracked?

Bet with Adamblaziken:

DonFerrari said:
Normchacho said:

I'm pretty sure I read exactly like this during the November Amazon threads. I was laughing so hard since it wasn't meant to be sarcastic.