By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 16 December 2017

Looks like only 29% of the people over here were right about the PS4-2017 (I was not one of them)

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=228343&page=1

Around the Network
trunkswd said:
CGI-Quality said:

No problem my good man! I'll update when the front page is updated! Thanks for the weekly, too!

Whenever we get official figures I like going making adjustments ASAP now that I have the ability to do that. I want our figures to be as accurate as possible.

Thank you for your hard work.  It really is appreciated it.

3ds hitting 70m soon

Also, it seems like some people over here were right.  It looks like the amazing sales of November came at the expense of December.

trunkswd said:

Just a warning right now. I've been making adjustments to this week and previous weeks. Mainly to the PlayStation 4, so the figures are in line with what Sony announced. Xbox One has also been adjusted down. With the PS4 figures being high, it is likely the Xbox One is as well. The bar graph appears to have been updated, but you never know with the chart when it first goes up.

Here are the WW figures for the week of December 16:

• PS4 - 896,959
  • Switch - 736,655
  • Xbox One - 576,824
  • 3DS - 313,347
  • PSV - 19,549

I still feel that number being a bit low for the Switch, but I guess we'll know more soon with NPD numbers for US and Nintendos Investors meeting end of this month for WW sales.

Around the Network

Means the PS4 has 1.3m left over the next two weeks? Sounds like the PS4 is overtacked even though adjustments are being made as we speak. Christmas week is one of the biggest weeks

So 3DS was the only one to have a significant increase over the previous week? Interesting

And Nintendo gotta do something about Switch in Europe, a bundle with a pack-in game?? Do something!! Lol

PortisheadBiscuit said:

So 3DS was the only one to have a significant increase over the previous week? Interesting

And Nintendo gotta do something about Switch in Europe, a bundle with a pack-in game?? Do something!! Lol

Monter Hunter Tri Ultimate released at the same week in 2011 so the significant increase in hardware sales is explained ... 

And there's nothing Nintendo can do for the Switch in Europe. It's almost fated to perform similarly in line with the 3DS because pricing isn't ideal for that region. Nintendo is disproportionately weak in Europe compared to their other regions and especially in comparison to Japan since both perform so closely to each other and in some cases will top total European sales like we see with the 3DS (Switch in Japan is also in the lead too according to VGC!) even though Europe is a vastly larger market ... 

Nintendo should place in hope that North America and Japan will pick up the slack in in Europe at this point for the Switch like they did for both GBA and 3DS ... 

fatslob-:O said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

It's almost fated to perform similarly in line with the 3DS because pricing isn't ideal for that region.

I'm aware of this, which is why I suggested a bundle with a pack-in game. Which would technically lower the price of the system. It wouldn't hurt Nintendo too much to include say MK8 which I imagine has the lowest development costs vs say Odyssey, Splatoon, of BoTW 

fatslob-:O said:
PortisheadBiscuit said:

Monter Hunter Tri Ultimate released at the same week in 2011 so the significant increase in hardware sales is explained ... 

And there's nothing Nintendo can do for the Switch in Europe. It's almost fated to perform similarly in line with the 3DS because pricing isn't ideal for that region. Nintendo is disproportionately weak in Europe compared to their other regions and especially in comparison to Japan since both perform so closely to each other and in some cases will top total European sales like we see with the 3DS (Switch in Japan is also in the lead too according to VGC!) even though Europe is a vastly larger market ... 

Nintendo should place in hope that North America and Japan will pick up the slack in in Europe at this point for the Switch like they did for both GBA and 3DS ... 

Wow. I'm honestly amazed that you still can't seem to comprehend the concept of price elasticity of demand.

But you are correct. Switch truly is "fated" to sell like 3DS, even though it currently costs twice as much and is selling just as fast. It sure is a shame that companies can't lower the price of a product once it's on the market. It would be so simple, but, alas. You only get one chance to set a product's price. Better luck next generation, Nintendo.

Just another nugget of wisdom from fatslob.