By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Global Hardware Sales 16 December 2017

StarDoor said:

Wow. I'm honestly amazed that you still can't seem to comprehend the concept of price elasticity of demand.

But you are correct. Switch truly is "fated" to sell like 3DS, even though it currently costs twice as much and is selling just as fast. It sure is a shame that companies can't lower the price of a product once it's on the market. It would be so simple, but, alas. You only get one chance to set a product's price. Better luck next generation, Nintendo.

Just another nugget of wisdom from fatslob.

It sucks for Nintendo especially since it's just one less competitive advantage for them ... (corporations would love to do price drops to gain the upper hand in competitive markets if it was so easy for them)

Better luck next time indeed for Nintendo ... 

Around the Network

No million for the PS4? Doom confirmed?

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Nice more numbers! And whoa PS4 over the Switch again AND in NA. I thought Switch would have Dec in the bag easy for NPD but it looks to be closer than I thought between it and the PS4 going by these past 2 weeks. Also nice hold for the XB1 and good to see the 3DS up from last week!

The absence of evidence is NOT the evidence of absence...

PSN: StlUzumaki23

Do we know the Total Sales for each console for 2017?

CGI-Quality said:
Muffin31190 said:
Do we know the Total Sales for each console for 2017?

We should for the PS4 and Switch (I'm not sure if Nintendo has released figures yet). Microsoft stopped reporting Xbox One sales a few years back, so we may not ever know those. I'd approximate 8m.

Do you know when they will be released?

Around the Network

impressive numbers for all 3, that's nice

Bofferbrauer2 said:
trunkswd said:

Just a warning right now. I've been making adjustments to this week and previous weeks. Mainly to the PlayStation 4, so the figures are in line with what Sony announced. Xbox One has also been adjusted down. With the PS4 figures being high, it is likely the Xbox One is as well. The bar graph appears to have been updated, but you never know with the chart when it first goes up.

Here are the WW figures for the week of December 16:

• PS4 - 896,959
  • Switch - 736,655
  • Xbox One - 576,824
  • 3DS - 313,347
  • PSV - 19,549

I still feel that number being a bit low for the Switch, but I guess we'll know more soon with NPD numbers for US and Nintendos Investors meeting end of this month for WW sales.

Why? Switch will hardly ever beat PS4 globally. Nintendo need to up their game in Europe.

Random_Matt said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

I still feel that number being a bit low for the Switch, but I guess we'll know more soon with NPD numbers for US and Nintendos Investors meeting end of this month for WW sales.

Why? Switch will hardly ever beat PS4 globally. Nintendo need to up their game in Europe.

But it's also largely behind the PS4 and the XBO in the US in weekly sales, which doesn't sound right, especially after all the infos we got that not only on Amazon, but also in brick and mortar stores the Switch was selling like hot cakes.

Bofferbrauer2 said:
Random_Matt said:

But it's also largely behind the PS4 and the XBO in the US in weekly sales, which doesn't sound right, especially after all the infos we got that not only on Amazon, but also in brick and mortar stores the Switch was selling like hot cakes.

Till NPD comes out, we can't be sure.

quickrick said:
Bofferbrauer2 said:

Till NPD comes out, we can't be sure.

True, it's just a feeling on my part

When is the NPD due btw?