By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Hollywood anti catholic bullshit needs to stop

KratosLives said:
OdinHades said:
Hollywood and everyone else should be allowed to make fun of whatever they like. What's the big deal?

The big deal is that im seeing it often, every year, and 100% of the time the people behind the movie are so called jewish american or jewish american who call themselves atheists. Now if a non jew make a movie making fun of or dissing moses or judaism, there'd be anti semitism thrown at them so fast, lawsuits etc. So it kills me that there is this agenda to shit on catholics by a group of people in hollywood, over the years. 

Have you ever seen South Park? It's made by non jews and makes one hell lot of jokes about jews. 

There's this thing called selective perception. Just because you make out a lot of jokes about catholics it doesn't mean that it's actually overrepresented. Plus there will always be someone who is pissed off, no matter what you're making fun of. So either everything is allowed or nothing at all. 

Lastly, if there truly is this jewish group of film makers who constantly make fun of catholics, why don't you just stop to watch their movies if it doesn't fit your taste? 

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

Around the Network
OdinHades said:
KratosLives said:

The big deal is that im seeing it often, every year, and 100% of the time the people behind the movie are so called jewish american or jewish american who call themselves atheists. Now if a non jew make a movie making fun of or dissing moses or judaism, there'd be anti semitism thrown at them so fast, lawsuits etc. So it kills me that there is this agenda to shit on catholics by a group of people in hollywood, over the years. 

Have you ever seen South Park? It's made by non jews and makes one hell lot of jokes about jews. 

There's this thing called selective perception. Just because you make out a lot of jokes about catholics it doesn't mean that it's actually overrepresented. Plus there will always be someone who is pissed off, no matter what you're making fun of. So either everything is allowed or nothing at all. 

Lastly, if there truly is this jewish group of film makers who constantly make fun of catholics, why don't you just stop to watch their movies if it doesn't fit your taste? 

Maybe do some research about the south park creators. They certainly weren't christian. 

darknut said:
KratosLives said:

Go fk yourself. 

It would be more acceptable to fuck oneself than priests molding little boys to be their own sex toys. Worse, their own hipocracy of their own teachings to be righteous; it's an abomination. The book of Revelation even warns to be aware of the many different types of churches (literally and figuratively). Even worse, the hierarchy protects their own as if they're above the law. The Bible never mentioned to NEVER marry. It's honestly what is giving the idea of religion a bad rep.

My major gripe is that the movies aren't trying to address the issue. They are purposely making catholics feel like shit. From dissing christ, the cross, to making priests appear as fools or bad, having the high school bully or bitch of the grade, strapping a cross necklace and being part of some catholic group etc. Most of the shit i notice is that it's there just to take a piss , rarely to talk about a problem and address it.

KratosLives said:

Maybe do some research about the south park creators. They certainly weren't christian. 

so?

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

KratosLives said:
Aeolus451 said:
They did alot of fucked up stuff in the past like the crusades. They held back the human civilization by a few hundred years by killing philosophers and inventors for a long time. Currently, they have a pedo problem but instead of reporting anything to the police, they tried to cover it up by moving the priests around. If they catch some flak for it then oh well.

So you know what the proportional rate of pedofile acts are compared to those of other religions? Because the media only loves to mention catholics because it's the largest group and garners the most attention. Do you think every other religious group doesn't have there own share of pedofiles? Theyre all human, no group is blessed with an advantage or a unique brain that makes them so different.even atheists commit the worst crimes. So we should all kill ourselves? 

Rates of pedophilia acts? The catholic church doesn't report them to police so what are you talking about? There's no accurate statistics on this. It actively tried to cover this up and that's what makes this so bad. The church is beholden to man's law and it has no right to hide pedophiles from justice or obscure the truth.

Pedophiles aren't human. They're monsters that prey on children and deserve far worse than a slap on the hand or being relocated to some remote area. 

Around the Network
KratosLives said:
ArchangelMadzz said:
Catholicism should be made fun of, I'm sure a high percentage of priests know it's bs.

Go fk yourself. 

Well I'm not catholic so masturbation wouldn't be seen as committing a sin upon yourself so yeah sure, I'll do that and love it!

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

SpokenTruth said:
palou said:

There are things that CANNOT be trivialized sufficiently to a layman (which is pretty much everyone on the planet with the exception of a few hundred) without losing the very elements that constitute the arguments. I know that to be true for a large part of mathematics, and the extremely theoretical physics they are talking about are not all too different, in that regard. You can perhaps trivialize a concept, you most definitely can't trivialize the arguments. I do NOT think that it is a good practice to use bad arguments in the lack of being able to provide any good ones. I believe truth to be important. That involves accepting what you cannot know. Science isn'T a popularity contest, and shouldn't be treated as one.

And I most certainly cannot provide any aid on their debate of the validity of M-theory, or the big bounce, or etc... Firstly, of course, because it's not something that I know the intrinsics of; secondly, even if I knew them, there would be no way to explain an argument to them in less than a few years.

M theory/string theory really is no longer in a range of anything that can be simply visualized/illustrated in a way that seems natural, in which you can make any intuitive logical followings. Those simply don't exist in anything that abstract. Any conclusion you CAN make is math, pages and pages of it. There is, in fact, *NO ONE* that can make any statements as broadly as some statements that appeared in this thread. It's collective knowledge, that slowly transitions at each new incite. My father has done some collaboration in works on string theory. He does not understand string theory, or the small subconcept that was discussed in his paper. In fact, he can't comprehend half of the material of the paper that he collaborated on. He is an expert on maximal green sequences, a mathematical structure which appears in the problem, so he gives any incite that may be required regarding maximal green sequences. A colleague in physics is then able to make use of those results, to create results regarding *his* specialized structure, which in turn allows a third person to make conclusions based on that, etc... As a whole, hundreds of scientists can collectively build a sound web of logical conclusions which allows us to say certain things on the universe. Not a single person explain more than a couple steps within that web.

Palou, we are not trying to add new data to the theory, pass judgement on the merits of a theory or create a new theory.  We are simply discussing the theories on a macro level.  And those can be explained to the laymen if contextualized properly.  Black holes, big bang, string theory, observable universe, time dilation, relativity...all of them have a macro level conceptualization that can be discussed and understood by laymen.  The problem is that most of them have common misconceptions that are discussed just as much.  Just because the details of the theories are complex doesn't mean you cannot remove the macro level misconceptions about them in casual online conversation. 

Help me remove the misconceptions but don't ask us to remove the discussion. That only allows them to continue and spread.

The problem is that we present science as something infallible, a list of fully logical conclusions. This, so that. The problem is, on a macro level, that just isn't the case. And when discussing the topic with a religious person, for example, presenting a simplified version will hurt more than anything else. As we are presenting an explanation filled with missing links and logically dubious conclusions. It think the ideal way to convince someone of the validity of science is to have them fill a scientific protocol themselves, for a much simpler, more constrained problem, already solved, with all the necessary rigour needed to make an unquestionably logical conclusion. To comprehend why the conclusions made by the scientific community must necessarily be taken to be the most reasonable explanation of any phenomena.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

The Catholic church as an organization has done some pretty horrific things. The most recent is the sex abuse scandal, of course.

Cardinal Law protected and enable pedophiles and the Pope gave him a new post just a few years after he resigned. I'm not at all convinced that they've learned their lesson and addressed the problem.

Mormons have been brought up in this thread too. I have no issues with any individual Mormon or any individual Catholic. The Catholic Church and the LDS Church victimize people though. It's okay, and even necessary, to point that out.

Funny how the tread was about how catholics are shown in movies, but 10 posts later it became, as usual, atheists + agnostics + religion haters vs people that believe in god.

Alara317 said:
Why is it that every discussion about the merits of religion has to devolve into 'but science doesn't have ALL The answers either!' debates?

Nobody says that science has all the answers, at least not at any one given time. The whole point of science is to test and theorize and test and hypothesize and test some more. It's not perfect - by nature it can't be - but it's a lot more accurate than anything religion offers.

When comparing the two, here's how it goes:

Science - "How do I know? Well, I tested the theory, I repeated the results, I had it vetted by another who was able to also recreate my results in a lab. It was then posted and challenged in an open forum for others to criticise and scrutinize, and they all agreed as well."

Religion - "How do I know? I read it in a book, and the author of that book assures me that they wouldn't lie to me."

These two shouldn't even be in the same discussion. Science may not have all the answers and may never be perfect, but at least it attempts to answer questions with distiguishable authority. Religion does no such thing. The people who criticising religion - especially the catholic religion - aren't doing it from a place of arrogance or superiority (most of the time), but are criticising it because any belief system DESERVES to be criticised, scrutinized, and tested if they want to make the sort of claims ANY religion makes about our origins and the greater nature of the world around us.

By denying any scrutiny or critique, religion has basically opened itself up to be the target of hate and disrespect. until it can back up its claims with evidence of ANY sort, it doesn't deserve your respect, and should be laughed at for the joke it is.

Sadly we don't live in that world; we live in a world where religion is, for some stupid reason, put on the same level of science and demands the same amount of respect. Religion deserves to be in a science class about as much as Alex Jones needs to be teaching history. Or Trump deserves to be in the white house. Completely ill-equipped to fulfil that position.

"Why is it that every discussion about the merits of religion has to devolve into 'but science doesn't have ALL The answers either!'"

because the vast majority of people that i see ciriticise religion seem to labour under the delusion that science IS perfect and that through science we have a good understanding of our universe, which is so wrong that it cannot be over stated enough

"Religion - "How do I know? I read it in a book, and the author of that book assures me that they wouldn't lie to me.""

well actually this is the stance most people take with regards to their beliefs, even atheists... for example, have you seen an electron yourself? no? so why do you believe in them? because you have faith in someone that told you that they exist at the subatomic level

with better instruments we may over time come to discover that the concept of electrons is untrue and rework it but often the people that i'm talking about do not acknowledge that, because they behave like religious people holding onto a dogma

"The people who criticising religion - especially the catholic religion - aren't doing it from a place of arrogance or superiority (most of the time)"

i strongly disagree

"By denying any scrutiny or critique, religion has basically opened itself up to be the target of hate and disrespect. until it can back up its claims with evidence of ANY sort"

you don't believe that if the world warms enough and the ice caps melt that they'll be flooding?