By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Looks like Pikmin 4 will be featured in the upcoming Direct (Probably Fake)

Azelover said:
StarDoor said:

I'd be very surprised if 4 didn't have pointer controls. Switch can support pointer controls with the gyroscope, and it's possible to play every other mainline Pikmin game with them.

Wow, thank you!!

You just made super excited!!!!!!

Yeah if you want to see the Switch's version of Wii Mote in action buy something like World of goo or Little Inferno from the eshop, they work amazingly well considering no sensor bar and such.

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Around the Network
NightlyPoe said:
All the talk of the Wii's pointer working so well just reminds me of how weird it was that Nintendo never released a sequel during the Wii's lifetime.

Well Pikmin 3 was initially Wii game that was later moved to Wii U, probably Pikmin 4 was initially Wii Us game that later moved to Switch.

Basically what I have heard about the Direct across all of the rumours is that Nintendo is showing ALL the rest of their franchises (and Retro and Platinum games are developing most of them), and every major third party game of 2016, 17, and 18 that aren’t already on Switch will be making an appearance. Also, a complete Switch UI overhaul will also be featured

Also, that it is happening some time today, two days, or five days ago.

I estimate the running time of this Direct will be no less than 14 hours.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 09 January 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

I missed out on Pikmin 3 on the WiiU. I would love to play a full fledged Pikmin game on the Switch. Same for Pokemon.

HintHRO said:
Which Direct?

The Direct everyone's expecting, but nobody knows anything about.

Around the Network
Flilix said:
HintHRO said:
Which Direct?

The Direct everyone's expecting, but nobody knows anything about.

So there's not a single source for it's existence and still people are talking about it like it's a fact? Desperate times bro. Desperate times.