By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - RUMOR: Looks like Pikmin 4 will be featured in the upcoming Direct (Probably Fake)

StarDoor said:
Azelover said:

I played Pikmin 1 & 2 on the Wii, using the pointer. It was so good, and I can't go back! :(

I tried Pik 3 on the WiiU, but couldn't do it. The game just wasn't the same. What Am I gonna do!!!!! :o

Take advantage of the fact that Pikmin 3 supports Wiimote pointer controls, perhaps?

OK, actually it was on the Gamecube. But do you think 4 will have those? Genuine question, I know everybody else will enjoy it, I'm just thinking of myself here.

Around the Network
Azelover said:
StarDoor said:

Take advantage of the fact that Pikmin 3 supports Wiimote pointer controls, perhaps?

OK, actually it was on the Gamecube. But do you think 4 will have those? Genuine question, I know everybody else will enjoy it, I'm just thinking of myself here.

I'd be very surprised if 4 didn't have pointer controls. Switch can support pointer controls with the gyroscope, and it's possible to play every other mainline Pikmin game with them.

I'm a huge Pikmin fan. If Pikmin 4 is down the line I'll be very happy. Pikmin 2 is a masterclass game.

StarDoor said:
Azelover said:

I'd be very surprised if 4 didn't have pointer controls. Switch can support pointer controls with the gyroscope, and it's possible to play every other mainline Pikmin game with them.

Wow, thank you!!

You just made super excited!!!!!!

So many Direct rumors lately

Hope there will be some good things shown

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network

If Pikmin 4 isn't shown at the Direct, I don't know what will. This game has been purposely held back for 2 years now. I can understand that 2016 would've been a horrible time to release it, as it would've had the same fate as Star Fox Zero.

2017 I suppose was too stacked of a year and Pikmin 4 would've easily been overshadowed.

I doubt 2018 will ever have a title that holds up as well as Mario Odyssey and Zelda BOTW, so Pikmin 4 shouldn't have any issues being overlooked. Even if they have a surprise Animal Crossing announcement at the Direct, as long as Pikmin comes in Q2 and Animal Crossing is Q4 (holiday season) there should be no issues. Pokemon (if ready by late 2018) could simultaneously release with Animal Crossing and the sales of each shouldn't interfere with each other. Although again this is purely speculation as there is no telling whether or not Pokemon is actually 2018 and Animal Crossing is just a mild prediction considering all the signs I've examined over the past 2 weeks.

Actually I still think Miyamoto just meant the 3DS Pikmin when he said one was about to release.

Three Pikmin games is enough to last a life time.

I want to know wtf retro is doing lol

Its proven thats fake, but that doesnt mean that maybe we will not have Pikmin 4 in next Direct.

Which Direct?