By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be interested in a different Switch ala PS Vita TV?

Veknoid_Outcast said:
pokoko said:
A cheaper price bundled with a pro controller would instantly make the Switch much more appealing to me. The portability means nothing to me, it just makes it more expensive and awkward.

As it stands, I'm not going to pay that much just for Zelda and the handful of other exclusives I'd play on the system, as it would be my last choice for multi-plats.

I think a much cheaper SKU would increase sales as a "second console" for the Switch that won't be there at its current price point.

At its current price point it's selling exceptionally well, though. Why reduce the price tag to secure a "second console" market when it's succeeding at $300 as a "first console"?

just because it's succeeding right now, why wouldn't they give customers more options and aim a even bigger target?

Proudest Platinums - BF: Bad Company, Killzone 2 , Battlefield 3 and GTA4

Around the Network
Veknoid_Outcast said:
pokoko said:
A cheaper price bundled with a pro controller would instantly make the Switch much more appealing to me. The portability means nothing to me, it just makes it more expensive and awkward.

As it stands, I'm not going to pay that much just for Zelda and the handful of other exclusives I'd play on the system, as it would be my last choice for multi-plats.

I think a much cheaper SKU would increase sales as a "second console" for the Switch that won't be there at its current price point.

At its current price point it's selling exceptionally well, though. Why reduce the price tag to secure a "second console" market when it's succeeding at $300 as a "first console"?

Hey, they can do what they want.  If Apple or Samsung doesn't want to make different phone models then they can do as they please.  I'm just pointing something out.

That's dumb. it loses the entire point so with a name like a Switch on it would be silly. Then people would just whine it's only an underpowered console. If anyone bought Voez they would have wasted money.

sergiodaly said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:

just because it's succeeding right now, why wouldn't they give customers more options and aim a even bigger target?

I don't know. The production, storage, R&D, and opportunity costs for a different SKU might not be worth whatever revenue would be earned from it.

Why invest in a cheaper, docked SKU that might not sell and take up valuable real estate in stores, when you could continue to manufacture a product known to be a winner? 

Never a bad thing to offer more options so Nintendo should make a console version of the Switch.

Around the Network

100%

All I want is a tiny box that plays Nintendo games. Sell me the switch internal hardware in a normal console that comes with a pro controller instead of Joycons for $199. I beg of you Nintendo.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

SegataSanshiro said:
That's dumb. it loses the entire point so with a name like a Switch on it would be silly. Then people would just whine it's only an underpowered console. If anyone bought Voez they would have wasted money.

Nope. There are those of us who are interested in Nintendo games but aren't interested in their gimmicks.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

RolStoppable said:
Barkley said:
Absolutley, I'd go for a £199.99 Docked Only Switch over a £279.99 normal one any day.

Not fair. The savings of PS Vita TV compared to Vita were only $50.

The Switch is more complex.
A Switch TV would not need to have things like rails to connect the Joycon.
Nintendo would not need to pack in grips, docks and the Joycon straps.

A Switch TV would greatly reduce the device's complexity, and would likely come after the main unit's first price cut.

Personally, I wouldn't, but I don't think it's a bad idea. They shouldn't really do it for at least a couple of years though.

Normchacho said:
SegataSanshiro said:

Nope. There are those of us who are interested in Nintendo games but aren't interested in their gimmicks.

You would be in the severe minority and not enough people to justify it just like Vita TV. Just because thousands of retro SEGA fans say they want a Dreamcast 2 doesn't mean overall there is enough real demand to make it happen. Your voice along with a few others in the minuscule percentage are irrelevant.  The idea is still stupid. So yep.  If you don't want to take it on the go...you don't have to. You can leave it in the dock. Really hard I know. You were never going to buy one anyway.  Anytime people like you who toss the word Nintendo and gimmick in the same sentence and a few others show up demand they change this or that are people who never planned to buy anyway. You won't be missed as a noncustomer. It's not happening so get over it. It wouldn't be worth the effort for them and it seems the Switch is selling an alarming rate so it's pretty clear they don't need to change a thing.