By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Would you be interested in a different Switch ala PS Vita TV?

Nvidia is making your Switch TV dreams come true (kinda).
https://www.geforce.com/whats-new/articles/bfgd-big-format-gaming-display

They have the Switch's SoC built into the TV.
Now all you people who are too cheap to buy a Switch can buy this.
Problem solved.

Last edited by caffeinade - on 08 January 2018

Around the Network

Probably not. I already have a Switch, would like to use that money to buy more games or a pro controller.

Pocky Lover Boy! 

I thought I'd be a mostly docked player as I've spent very little time playing handhelds in my life, but lord has the portability won me over. It's a joy to play the Switch on that handheld screen, and while initially with BotW and such I played primarily docked, lately I'm almost always undocked.

I'd definitely recommend to people who think they're mostly not interested to still get the portable version and give it a shot on occasion. It might be a decent idea to have a permanently docked one, but that might not be a good look for image of the Switch that Nintendo is trying to cultivate. Could you even call it the "Switch" at that point? lol

Johnw1104 said:
I thought I'd be a mostly docked player as I've spent very little time playing handhelds in my life, but lord has the portability won me over. It's a joy to play the Switch on that handheld screen, and while initially with BotW and such I played primarily docked, lately I'm almost always undocked.

I'd definitely recommend to people who think they're mostly not interested to still get the portable version and give it a shot on occasion. It might be a decent idea to have a permanently docked one, but that might not be a good look for image of the Switch that Nintendo is trying to cultivate. Could you even call it the "Switch" at that point? lol

I play mine mostly undocked as well, mostly because it's a huge pain in the ass to play it docked out of the box. It very clearly is a portable console you can dock in its design.

Yeah - with proper D-pad.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

I personally would not be interested because I play more on portable than home consoles, but I can see why some people would prefer a device like that.
I´m not sure if it would be wise for Nintendo to have two different products on the market. I think it would cause confusion among buyers and, in the end, the best selling point of the Switch is its hybrid nature, besides its game cathalog, of course.

I'd go with "docked" so I can "switch" between television easily while taking it with me on trips. But I love my PSTV.