By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Nintendo Switch has become the fastest selling video game system of all time in the US

RolStoppable said:
DonFerrari said:

I return to my point that being the first to get it to success doesn't make one the sole one to be able to achieve it.

Or shall we say Sony is the sole one that could have pulled a over 100M console on the market because they were the first one?

You aren't proposing a comparable scenario. The question is really simple: Do you believe that a company other than Nintendo could have created a console like Switch that diverts from the established norm and make it a resounding success?

If yes, you must name the companies you believe could have pulled it off. If no, you should concede the point.

I'm pretty shocked nintendo can still do it in this day in age. if they can even sell 60-70 million in today market that would actually blow my mind ,that there first party can actually sell that much units and compete with the whole industry.

Around the Network

It never stop happening.. right after a positive Nintendo thread is started after around 80-100 posts it will always turn into a thread with constant negative remarks from e few certain but really active posters....

If it isn't turnbased it isn't worth playing   (mostly)

And shepherds we shall be,

For Thee, my Lord, for Thee. Power hath descended forth from Thy hand, That our feet may swiftly carry out Thy command. So we shall flow a river forth to Thee And teeming with souls shall it ever be. In Nomine Patris, et Filii, et Spiritūs Sancti. -----The Boondock Saints

CrazyGamer2017 said:
According to the article on VGC the system sold 4.8 million units in 10 months in the US.
So no other system has ever sold more than that within 10 months in the US? That's 100k per week which is not bad but hardly sounds like a record number.

It's record number for first 10 months on market, Wii previously had record with 4.05m, while PS4 had 3.95m.

quickrick said:
RolStoppable said:

You aren't proposing a comparable scenario. The question is really simple: Do you believe that a company other than Nintendo could have created a console like Switch that diverts from the established norm and make it a resounding success?

If yes, you must name the companies you believe could have pulled it off. If no, you should concede the point.

I'm pretty shocked nintendo can still do it in this day in age. if they can even sell 60-70 million in today market that would actually blow my mind ,that there first party can actually sell that much units and compete with the whole industry.

Nintendo planning to sell around 20m consoles in second FY year for Switch, so that basically means that Switch will at around 35-40m after two years on market, so 80m+ for Switch is easily posibile.

PAOerfulone said:
Nintendo’s Financial Report later this month just got a lot more interesting.

Nintendo’s Financial Reports are always intresting. :)

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

They have the IPs, they have the talent, they have financial stability and they have determination. They really have everything.

60-70m worldwide will be a piece of cake.

iv always wondered why there home consoles mostly fail since n64. i thought that  market just didn't care for nintendo anymore. excluding the wii which i believe only sold for having motion controls, it seemed to me like people didn't care for there home consoles. there handhelds of course did amazing but they were of course the best entertainment on the go option, and with mobile being so strong i would still be amazed if nintendo does 70 million, well see though, next year is when it will get really interesting.

Very impressive, congrats to Nintendo

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Around the Network
RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

iv always wondered why there home consoles mostly fail since n64. i thought that  market just didn't care for nintendo anymore. excluding the wii which i believe only sold for having motion controls, it seemed to me like people didn't care for there home consoles. there handhelds of course did amazing but they were of course the best entertainment on the go option, and with mobile being so strong i would still be amazed if nintendo does 70 million, well see though, next year is when it will get really interesting.

I am glad to see that you've come to accept that Switch will do fine in 2018. Still a bit disappointed that you are now eyeing 2019 for a Switch collapse.

Don't worry, he will again change tune near end of 2018. :D

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

I am glad to see that you've come to accept that Switch will do fine in 2018. Still a bit disappointed that you are now eyeing 2019 for a Switch collapse.

IDK yet lol. 2018 is when will i will be convinced.

RolStoppable said:
quickrick said:

I fucking died xD

Where the haters now!!!! Amazing news!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Flilix said:
cosmic_drift said:

Switch will most certainly surpass 30m in its lifetime

It's possible, but it's still too early to tell. I could become a huge hit (like the Wii and DS), or maybe it will have amazing legs, but we can't tell that yet after just one year.

Not really.  If the Switch has already reached 13 mil by now then I don't see how it won't eventually reach 30 mil. with Pokemon, Smash, Animal Crossing, Monster Hunter, Dragon Quest, and a price cut.