By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most DISSAPOINTING Nintendo games?

mZuzek said:
The_Liquid_Laser said:

I would also like to add that for an action-adventure game it was lacking in two distinct areas:

1. Action
2. Adventure

Wind Waker lacks adventure?!

I personally found exploration to be boring instead of engaging.

Around the Network
pizzanuggs said:
curl-6 said:

My vision is 20/20. Just not a fan of characters with huge malformed bobble heads and tiny peg-like bodies, giant slabs of one or two colours for things like water, etc.

Prove that 20/20 i wanna see proper documentation from your doctor. 

I wear glasses by the way.

Lulz, yeah I'm totally gonna go to the trouble of getting documentation from a doctor for the sake of an internet video game discussion. :P

Artistic preference has bugger all to do with visual acuity anyway.

mZuzek said:
pizzanuggs said:
Bonus: i absolutely love Star Fox Zero. To me its one of the best Wii U games, my favorite Star Fox, and one of the best motion games out there. I do not understand why the controls were so complex for folks (granted takes getting used to)

The controls are pretty crappy I'd say, in the sense that they just didn't really add anything new other than being an unnecessary nuisance. It isn't fun to have to look at the gamepad screen to play a game... it really just isn't. Either way, I do really like the game, but I didn't even bother replying to people here as I already knew it'd be mentioned a lot and for good reason.

Agreed, looking between the two screens was just an annoying hassle, it was like trying to read a book and watch a complicated movie at the same time, more mentally frustrating than fun.

mZuzek said:
curl-6 said:

Agreed, looking between the two screens was just an annoying hassle, it was like trying to read a book and watch a complicated movie at the same time, more mentally frustrating than fun.

Actually the problem isn't looking between the two screens, it's looking at the gamepad screen - because that's the only one you ever need in the end. Of course if you actually needed both screens, that would be a problem.

Didn't work for me, whenever I only looked at the Gamepad I kept getting blindsided by shit I couldn't see coming. Honestly the whole thing was just bloody pointless. It added nothing but annoyance.

mZuzek said: 

It is true, though. They talked about it of course in that first teaser for BotW, and it wasn't bullshit. Wind Waker was the first 3D Zelda in which they were trying to take it in a more open-ended direction, and trying to incorporate more interesting physics to some extent. It was also the only 3D Zelda prior to BotW to have wind/weather affect the gameplay to some extent, and had the Deku Leaf which is pretty much the same as the Paraglider.

It's obvious that they failed at making it the 3D NES Zelda, but as I said a big part of it is because it was rushed and because the GameCube obviously wouldn't be able to handle a highly populated open world, so their approach was to make a highly... liquid open world.

Interesting. I knew they tried something like that with Skyward Sword but also failed, probably because every 3D Zelda relied too much on OoT's formula but now with BoTW upcoming games will be more like NES Zelda.

BTW i love Wind Waker.

VAMatt said:
Super Paper Mario makes my list of top 25 games.....probably. I can't imagine how anyone would see it as a let down.

Fans were let down because it wasn't anything like the first 2 games other than being Paper.

pizzanuggs said:

Pokemon Stadium hands down for me. I was so psyched to play a full on 3D pokemon game and what we got was little more than a pokemon 3D play set.

That's what i felt back when Colosseum was announced and I was instantly dissapointed when i found out you could only "snatch" (or whatever it's called) fixed Pokemon from other Pokemon trainers instead of exploring, random encounters and leveling up the normal way.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:

The_Liquid_Laser said:

I personally found exploration to be boring instead of engaging.

Ehh, I won't deny that, but even if the destination is always underwhelming, I find the sense of adventure really strong in the game.

I don't really mean that WW lacked a sense of adventure.  I just think it could have been executed a lot better.

How can you be disappointed in Kid Icarus Uprising omg :o

xMetroid said:
How can you be disappointed in Kid Icarus Uprising omg :o

it's mehh imo. 

Pokemon after B&W 2

curl-6 said:

Wind Waker

Majora's Mask

Mario Sunshine

Starfox Adventures

Starfox Zero

Metroid Other M