By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most DISSAPOINTING Nintendo games?

In all seriousness. My most disappointing game by Nintendo is easily Metroid Prime. I equate it to Gran Turismo and Myst in that it is a beautiful looking game (in its time) that was hyped and praised up into the stratosphere, but I found the game as dull as shoveling dog shit.

Mario 64 is my #2, it was a game I knew I should love, I wanted to love, but didn't. I was blown away by it in the first two worlds; but, didn't enjoy it much afterward. In fact, it wasn't until Mario Galaxy that I found a 3D Mario game I loved.

Last edited by Jumpin - on 10 January 2018

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Around the Network

Mario Party 9
Paper Mario Sticker Star
Animal Crossing: Amiibo Festival
Star Fox Zero and Star Fox Adventures
Hey! Pikmin
Code Name: Steam

captain carot said:
curl-6 said:

Wind Waker and Majora do have their positive qualities, (WW's music, Majora's graphics by N64 standards) I just feel that the negatives outweighed the good.

I'm totally fine with your opinion. I just find that 'bad/great' with zero differentiation extremely tiring. I totally understand why people dislike Super Mario 3D World, though i personally liked it for being a 'classic' platformer instead of the more action-adventure like 3D platforming games. It's not a bad game actually, but one you might dislike. Again, differantiation should be possible.

Not having played Metroid Prime Federation Force, Star Fox Zero is one of the very few cases where a Nintendo game can really be called bad by meaning of word. And the one case where i really can't understand positive reviews at all.

Oh there's plenty of intermediate ground between bad and great, it's just that naturally the more pronounced examples get more attention.