By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Most DISSAPOINTING Nintendo games?

farlaff said:
curl-6 said:

Wind Waker

Majora's Mask

Mario Sunshine

Starfox Adventures

Starfox Zero

Metroid Other M

All are not only disappointing but also legitimately bad games

You got to be kidding on the Zeldas

Nah, not kidding. The 3-day system made Majora a chore, while Wind Waker's sailing, art style, and Triforce shard rupee grinding killed it for me.

Around the Network

Yeah... i came here thinking of Fire Emblem fates.

Awakening wasn't great but it was trying to do an all star kind of game. Fates was just shallow and boring across the board. Couldn't stand it.

For me, it's Paper Mario Sticker Star, and Star Fox Zero. I had high expectations for both and both were let downs for me. 

They both just tried too much to push new ideas, but the new ideas just weren't what I wanted from those franchises.

Chrizum said:
Yoshi's Story

And i had finally managed to suppress any memory about this one...

Hope you're happy now.

curl-6 said:
farlaff said:

Nah, not kidding. The 3-day system made Majora a chore, while Wind Waker's sailing, art style, and Triforce shard rupee grinding killed it for me.

So because you dislike the 3-day system and art style these games are legitimately bad? That's some bullshit.

Around the Network
Chrizum said:

So because you dislike the 3-day system and art style these games are legitimately bad? That's some bullshit.

While I don't agree with curl, it's an opinion thread. He's not claiming the games are objectively bad, just that he didn't like the design of these two games.

One can be disappointed in a game for reasons other than a perceived drop in quality. Oftentimes it's simply not getting something you were hoping for or expecting.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334

Chrizum said:
curl-6 said:

Since Majora is built entirely around the 3-day system, this system being tedious and annoying effectively kills the experience for me, just as building a house on a weak foundation will collapse the whole structure.

And I clearly outlined flaws in Wind Waker behind despising the art style; sailing was painfully boring, the dungeons were below the series standard, and having to grind rupees for hours to complete the Triforce shard fetch quest was not only mind-numbingly tedious but also a blatant and shameless attempt to pad out the game's length.

farlaff said:
curl-6 said:

Wind Waker

Majora's Mask

Mario Sunshine

Starfox Adventures

Starfox Zero

Metroid Other M

All are not only disappointing but also legitimately bad games

Yeah this thread is full of surprising results.

theDX said:
Wave Race on the Game Boy

Holy shit i didn't know this was a thing.

Mar1217 said:

... *COUGH**COUGH* ... How so ?

Anyway, I guess I'll go with Tri Force Heroes and that's about it.

And I see that SF0 is well hated here as usual ;) Do another one Ninty, I want to watch the world burn !

What pisses me off is that Nintendo doesn't even try to be creative with the Star Fox universe they just threw everything that past games had build up out the window and fall back to a reboot that everybody and their mom already experienced best on their 64 and 3DS.

Chrizum said:
curl-6 said:

Opinions... Opinions everywhere.

Super_Boom said:
Chrizum said:

While I don't agree with curl, it's an opinion thread. He's not claiming the games are objectively bad, just that he didn't like the design of these two games.

One can be disappointed in a game for reasons other than a perceived drop in quality. Oftentimes it's simply not getting something you were hoping for or expecting.

My problem is not with him saying these games were disappointing to him, but with him calling them "legitimately bad games". That's just not true.

Chrizum said:
Super_Boom said:

My problem is not with him saying these games were disappointing to him, but with him calling them "legitimately bad games". That's just not true.

Ah, yeah I read his post again and see what you mean. Never mind then, I certainly would say that both games set out to achieve something and were successful in doing so, and so I'd disagree with either being remotely bad games.

NNID: Zephyr25 / PSN: Zephyr--25 / Switch: SW-4450-3680-7334