Star Fox Warriors 0 0%

Metroid Warriors 0 0%

Metroid Federation Force Warriors (lol?) 0 0%

Hyrule Warriors 2 4 66.67%

Fire Emblem Warriors 2 0 0%

Animal Crossing Warriors (YES!!!) 2 33.33%

Total:6

Fire Emblem Warriors Review

Back when Hyrule Warriors came out, it blew my mind away. Ever since I was a kid, I wanted to actual feel like Link was fighting an army of bad guys. This game, in essence a spiritual sequel to that game, continues many of the great parts (combat, forts/base capturing) from the first game, but comes up short in what I liked most about Hyrule Warriors. Hyrule felt amazing because you had these different bad guys from different era’s team up in kind of this Legion of Doom group and the story was amazing for what I was expecting. This game had cheesy dialogue, unbelievably peppy and optimistic characters (to the point of “this doesn’t feel remotely how a normal human would respond to this situation”), and just not really that great of a story.

Spoiler alert!!! Did anyone really NOT see the Darios going evil thing coming? That was more obvious than the DNC being rigged against Bernie. But the game treats you almost like a kid the whole time. Every world ending moment can be instantly erased with a “come on guys, let’s not give up!” comment, which is ludicrously horrible writing. Hyrule Warriors had much better writing. Aside from the story, the game had fantastic controls, graphics, and I really loved the art style they chose for this game. It was a blast to play (all 12 hours or so it took me to beat it casually, which is kind of short for a full priced game). Overall, this was not an original experience, but it was fun and was too quick to get old or repetitive. Here’s to hoping they focus a bit more on setting/story/dialogue for their next Nintendo game (which I’m sure will come).

Originality:  8 /20

Graphics:  10  /10

Art Style:  15  /15

Story:       15 /30

Music:       4 /5

Controls     5 /5

Is it fun?  15  /15

Total –

72 / 100

Non story–  81 / 100

Batman: Arkham City Armored Edition – 100

Warhammer: Total War = 98

Zelda Skyward Sword-98

Mario Rabbids Kingdom Battle - 96

Shovel Knight – 95

Shadow of Mordor = 95

Zelda Breath of the Wild - 94

Hyrule Warriors – 93

Batman: Arkham Asylum - 93

Zelda Minish Cap – 92

Bayonetta 2 = 91 NR

Bayonetta (Wii U) – 91 NR

Zelda Oracle of Ages – 91

Metroid Fusion – 91

Paper Mario – 90

Overwatch – 90

Zelda Twilight Princess – 90

Luigi’s Mansion Dark Moon - 90

Guildwars 2 – 89

Mario and Luigi: Dream Team – 89

Shadow of War - 88

Pokemon X – 88

Kid Icarus Uprising – 88

Darksiders 2 - 88

Fire Emblem Awakening – 88

Super Mario Odyssey - 87

Portal 2 – 87

Portal – 87

Assassin’s Creed 4 Wii U – 86

Zelda Windwaker HD – 86

Mario and Luigi: Bowsers Inside Story – 86  

Mass Effect - 84

Super Mario Maker = 84

Dishonored - 84

Animal Crossing New Leaf – 84

Transformers: Rise of the Dark Spark - 84

Paper Mario Sticker Star – 83

Rome 2: Total War - 83

Zelda: A Link Between Worlds-83

Mario and Luigi Paper Jam - 82

Batman Arkham Knight - 81

Batman: Arkham Origins – 81

Mario and Luigi: Super Star Saga – 80

Trine – 80

Zelda: A Link to the Past – 78

Civilization 6 – 77

Mass Effect 3 – 77

Xenoblade Chronicles 3ds - 76

Mass Effect 2 – 76

Mr. Shifty - 74

Zelda: Ocarina of Time 3D – 74

Black Ops 2 - 74

Rome: Total War-74

Yoshie’s Wooly World – 73

Super Mario 3d land – 72

Diablo 3 – 72

Fire Emblem Warriors - 72

Just Cause - 71

Paper Monster Uncut (Wii U) - 70

Red Alert 3 – 70

Xenoblade Chronicles X - 70

Donkey Kong Tropical Freeze - 68

Snake pass - 66

New Super Mario Bros. U – 66

New Super Mario Bros. Wii – 57

Assassins Creed 3 – 57 NR

Player Unknown Battlegrounds – 53

Zelda: Four Swords Anniversary Edition – 53

Mighty Gunvolt Burst - 47

Puzzles and Dragons Z: Mario Edition - 46

Kirby Squeak Squad – 43

Donkey Kong Country Returns 3d – 42

Yoshi’s New Island - 27

Project X Zone - 18

NR means Not Recommended based on inappropriateness.

Non Story – A score that has nothing to do with story, for those of you with less narrative concerns.

Around the Network

???

Your writing very well and provide a lot of useful information. But if you tap water more than half as compared to another article, I would definitely be great
colour switch

Simpleton said:

???

I always include previous scores just for fun. If you'd like to read about those games, the vast majority are posted on this website in the form under the walrus name. That being said, the ranking leaderboard I include always uses the story based review (as opposed to the non story based review) and DKTF, as amazing and fun as it was in so many ways, had no story. 

Since you inquired, it's non story review (which is one that doesn't take story into consideration for people who don't care about story) would have been 87/100.

Sticker Star's non story would have been 86 /100

RolStoppable said:
I hope you noticed that History Mode offers plenty more battles to win. Fire Emblem Warriors isn't a short or overpriced game by any means.

Your individual scoring differs from mine, but your non-story final score is virtually the same as my rating.

I did, and have been exploring those and enjoying them. Are there more than the 5 I see in history mode? Regardless, I'm not usually into spinoff DLC like content; I'd rather have a longer campaign with a good overarching story. Buying a game that I am done with after 12-15 hours compared to, say, Xenoblade X which took me over 80 hours to beat (and much longer for completionists) for the same or very similar price is all I was saying. This topic has been brought up over the years, but if video games were sold for an amount in proportion to the effort and money pumped into them, well I wouldn't be against that. I would have no problem spending more on a game like Xeno, with massive world/story/exploration and less on a game like FE, which I'm sure cost a fraction of the amount of something like Zelda/Xeno.

Around the Network
spurgeonryan said:
No, I did not see the Dario's coming.

Well, I stand corrected. That whole dialogue exchange where others are challenging the aryan twins trust in Darios and they say not to worry pretty much told me this guy was going to be the big bad guy (or one of them).

kaizen2017 said:
Your writing very well and provide a lot of useful information. But if you tap water more than half as compared to another article, I would definitely be great
colour switch

I'm very confused, but thanks?

For me Fire Emblem Warriors lost against Hyrule Warriors some appeal for the normal enemies all look alike. Do I have this time around the ones ion red uniforms or in violett or whatever? In Hyrule Warrios Gorons looked different than skeletons different than Hyrulian army different than Bokoblin and so on.

Also the bosses, the big monsters especially were much better in Hyrule Warriors. That has to do with the use of items to defeat them. In FE Warriors it was basically a mounted unit. It also seems easier, which might be subjective. Harder mode makes the enemies only harder to kill, not cleverer in taking the battlefield.

On the other hand the pair-up dynamic in FE Warriors was great.

3DS-FC: 4511-1768-7903 (Mii-Name: Mnementh), Nintendo-Network-ID: Mnementh, Switch: SW-7706-3819-9381 (Mnementh)

my greatest games: 2017, 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022, 2023

10 years greatest game event!

bets: [peak year] [+], [1], [2], [3], [4]

Mnementh said:
For me Fire Emblem Warriors lost against Hyrule Warriors some appeal for the normal enemies all look alike. Do I have this time around the ones ion red uniforms or in violett or whatever? In Hyrule Warrios Gorons looked different than skeletons different than Hyrulian army different than Bokoblin and so on.

Also the bosses, the big monsters especially were much better in Hyrule Warriors. That has to do with the use of items to defeat them. In FE Warriors it was basically a mounted unit. It also seems easier, which might be subjective. Harder mode makes the enemies only harder to kill, not cleverer in taking the battlefield.

On the other hand the pair-up dynamic in FE Warriors was great.

Most of the enemies in FEW are either humans or a specific looking monster, so you are correct in its lack of variety.

I found the bosses to be easy hack and slash. I was actually shocked I beat the game when I did (I figured the final boss would be a lot harder and later in the game).

As to your last point, I agree. FE has always had great pair ups and that continued with this game. I really liked having a caster/archer as my support character for combos.