By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Amazon U.S. January bestsellers and general Amazon-based discussion

Is there any reason Bayonetta is doing so well..? Didn’t think it would even be too 50 yet lol.

I hope xenoblade is doing ok in the West...

Around the Network
Ryng_Tolu said:
Nautilus said:

When there is nothing better or anything more concrete, I dont see the issue if its used as a means to give an idea.Its the same argument I had with you once about Xenoblade if Im not mistaken.

The problem is, there IS something better:

According to NPD Bayonetta 2 on Wii U sold 182.000 as for November 2015, and is the best selling version of a Bayonetta game. Aka Wii U > 360

Now you look at VGC and:

Bayonetta on 360 is over 500K and PS3 version over 440K for a total of almost one million in NA only!!?!??!

...ok

I was actually refering to Bayonetta 2 sales, which is about right as far as we know.

Now you may be right about Bayonetta 1 sales.I wasnt aware of that.

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

Kyuu said:

How did you upload that pic?

I can't.

I've mentioned it a few times but Sony is handling the PS4 pricing superbly. Look at the charts, the PS4 is priced a full $50 more than the XB1 and it still outsells it pretty comfortably. The Pro also sits comfortably in the charts at full price.
Also Sony have a few cards to play. They eliminated the 500GB choice over the holiday and pretty much only sold the 1TB model over December. Now they can drop a cheap 500Gb, reduce the price of the the 1TB/Pro and have system pushing games like GoW to stimulate sales and keep momentum. They can play these cards as and when needed.

To be fair MS is stuck between a rock and a hard place. They have no choice but to resort to reducing the price of XB1. Being the same price as PS4 means they get stomped on.

10 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#11 NS Neon (same)
#16 NS Grey (down 2)
#35 PS4 Fool's Edition (up 1)
#38 PS4 Star Wars (same)
#49 XB1 (up 29)
#57 PS4 Pro (down 5)
#58 XB1X (down 4)
#73 XB1 Forza (down 26)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#03 NS Bayonetta 2 + Bayonetta (Digital Download) (same)*
#32 PS4 Dissidia Final Fantasy (up 1)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

Around the Network

holy shit Bayonetta is rocking!

3 hours since last update.

HARDWARE:
#11 NS Neon (same)
#15 NS Grey (up 1)
#37 PS4 Fool's Edition (down 2)
#38 PS4 Star Wars (same)
#53 XB1 (down 4)
#57 PS4 Pro (same)
#60 XB1X (down 2)
#72 XB1 Forza (up 1)

SOFTWARE (Pre-orders Only)**:
#03 NS Bayonetta 2 + Bayonetta (Digital Download) (same)*
#32 PS4 Dissidia Final Fantasy (same)

Does not affect this month: *
Software outside of the month only gets added if it's in the top 20: **

PS4: 3 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
XB1: 3 in the top 100 / 1 in the top 50 / 0 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5
NIS:  2 in the top 100 / 2 in the top 50 / 2 in the top 20 / 0 in the top 10 / 0 in the top 5

I didn't expect the Xbox One X to be in contention with the PS4 or Switch globally but I'm pleased that it's proven to be more than a niche product for the "premium gamer".

It's odd how the Switch isn't performing as well in Europe though.

How_Soon_Is_Now said:

I didn't expect the Xbox One X to be in contention with the PS4 or Switch globally but I'm pleased that it's proven to be more than a niche product for the "premium gamer".

Depends on which part. France its killing it there. Spain is pretty good too. Germany i dont know and UK is doing ok

How_Soon_Is_Now said:

Switch is doing well in mainland Europe.

It isn't doing so hot in the UK though.