By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Is Jumanji becoming a silent hit?

I enjoyed it but I also think by the end of it, it was kinda getting to the point of "ok, yeah this can end, I've kinda had my fill of this concept".

Around the Network

The information you share is very useful. It is closely related to my work and has helped me grow. Thank you!

Jumanji staying at number 1 during weekdays. It will be interesting how it performs over the weekend. With almost $200m now, next stop is $250. After that i doubt it will hit $300. .so should finish around ~$270.

What are others opinion on it?

It's better than the original, but no by a whole lot. More enjoyable than I thought it'd be. Tbh, I've always thought that the original is an awful movie, but people like it today because of nostalgia.

I'm surprised, but the Rock has charisma and time had past for nostalgia of the original book and movie so well played by the studio.

Around the Network

Jumanji expected to be at No. 1 this week with only 28% drop. Will be hitting $250m soon too.
and i think my prediction of it staying below $270 is going to be crushed soon. rather i think it may hit well? above $300 million when it end its run.

Jumanji definitely breaking into $300m club. It will be interesting to see where it ends.

Sony’s Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle is expected to come in much higher than what we were expecting, with $34.3M in weekend 4. This will put the Dwayne Johnson-Kevin Hart-Jack Black-Karen Gillan adventure comedy at $291M. Once this film clicks past $304.3M —Skyfall‘s domestic mark– it will be the highest-grossing live action title for Sony outside of its Spider-Man franchise pics. The first three Sam Raimi-directed Spideys, and the more recent Marvel Spider-Man: Homecoming ($334.2M) are the Culver City lot’s four-highest grossing movies of all-time at the domestic B.O.

It's having ridiculous legs.

Dwayne and Jack Black.