By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Is Jumanji becoming a silent hit?

This weekend estimated data on boxofficemojo showing that jumanji is going to make $50 million, which is around 35% higher than last weekend. Normally there is a small drop from 1st weekend to 2nd weekend. But this film is doing the opposite? 

I have not heard about it, neither seen it. what are the reasons for its success? and is it really doing above expectations?

Last edited by Noobie - on 01 January 2018

Around the Network

Billion?

I've seen it and thought it was fun entertainment. I'm pleasantly surprised to see it do as well as it has in the Box Office. I didn't expect it that's for sure.

According to Box Office Mojo, it’s only a couple million behind Star Wars this weekend. Worldwide, it’s made over $322 million in less than 2 weeks. Not bad at all.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

The week between Xmas and New Years is the best of the year. Nearly every movie is up or has a smaller than usual drop because people are out of work/school. Jumanji did do very well though.Its final domestic gross might be close to 300 million which would be fantastic.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1gWECYYOSo

Please Watch/Share this video so it gets shown in Hollywood.

Around the Network
Noobie said:

This weekend estimated data on boxofficemojo showing that jumanji is going to make $50 billion, which is around 35% higher than last weekend. Normally there is a small drop from 1st weekend to 2nd weekend. But this film is doing the opposite? 

I have not heard about it, neither seen it. what are the reasons for its success? and is it really doing above expectations?

I hope it does well, took the family to see it and it was pretty entertaining.

If it helps steal some thunder from TLJ, I'm all for it.

I was so put off from the trailer, is it better than it looks?

(Formerly RCTjunkie)

Signalstar said:
The week between Xmas and New Years is the best of the year. Nearly every movie is up or has a smaller than usual drop because people are out of work/school. Jumanji did do very well though.Its final domestic gross might be close to 300 million which would be fantastic.

It will be pretty impressive if a film starting with a ~30 million ends at ~300 million

shikamaru317 said:

It is doing quite well now. $219m worldwide after 12 days on a $90m budget. I honestly expected it to be a flop, but it got decent reviews and is doing well at the box office. I might just go see it next weekend since I liked the original and like the cast of this reboot. 

2nd weekend is most likely up over the first weekend because they released it too close to Star Wars.

Actually it did more than 320m worldwide in 12 days since the count of the week was made public not long ago. Probably around the time of your post. 500m is already a given to be reached in 2 weeks or so. Whether it can reach 600m, could still be possible. And on a 90m budget, 50 marketing, Sony keeping half of the gross it probably will make over a 100m in pure profit, not to forget income from any merchandise and home media down the line. Also besides all of this its a very fun movie on its own. 

Stories unfolded with my home made rap songs. Feel free to listen here with lyrics: https://youtu.be/vyT9PbK5_T0