By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is this website becoming dangerous?

I use an adblocker on this site simply because the ads are so intrusive that it makes the site unusable. On mobile I also get involutary redirects to sketchy 'You've just won!' sites.

Around the Network
Mystro-Sama said:
konnichiwa said:
I am surprised people still use adblock, I did before now I use Ublock Origin. I was still annoyed that some ads still came trough with adblock(plus) and then I read that Adblock let ads go trough if the companies 'donate enough'. Also annoying that adblock is detectable (we see you are using an advertisement blocking program please turn it of for our site to read the article etc).

Never heard of Ublock. I think i'll try it.

Do not try uBlock. uBlock Origin is the one you want - not plain uBlock. The naming is quite unfortunate, but that's how it is.

VGadz

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

konnichiwa said:
IamAwsome said:

How long ago was this? 

Early years, if ioi caught you posting about it he banned you.  Ask the oldies like Naznatips/Okami wolf avatar guy etc.

Is ioi still the owner of this website or has he sold it?

Noobie said:
konnichiwa said:

Early years, if ioi caught you posting about it he banned you.  Ask the oldies like Naznatips/Okami wolf avatar guy etc.

Is ioi still the owner of this website or has he sold it?

I think ioi still owns the site.

Proud to be a Californian.

Around the Network
Zkuq said:
Mystro-Sama said:

Never heard of Ublock. I think i'll try it.

Do not try uBlock. uBlock Origin is the one you want - not plain uBlock. The naming is quite unfortunate, but that's how it is.

LOL, i'll keep that in mind.

Yeah this site is garbage on mobile, constant “you won insert prize” pop ups that don’t allow me to look at the forum unless I close the window, then as soon as I click a thread again, within seconds the pop up happens again. This was nonstop and as of today I installed ad block and it’s been so awesome.

TalonMan said:

I would really appreciate it, if you all wouldn't be so brazen about your use of ad-blocking software. Believe me, I totally understand why you guys feel the need to use it - I really do. Ads suck, they're annoying, and as I've mentioned several times in several threads, we have ZERO control over the content that's generated by them. And while I'm committed to working (at some point) on some of the placement and sizing in order to make the website a bit more functional in certain areas - we will have ads forever as it's the ONLY way to pay to keep this website running.

I'll whitelist as soon as the ads are acceptable. That will also be the point at which I'll stop recommending other people to block ads as well. The way I see it is that this site has brought the adblocking situation upon itself. I totally understand the need for ads and I'm ready to support sites by whitelisting them, but only if the ads are reasonable - which they clearly aren't at the moment. In general, unreasonable ads were the main reason for the rise of adblockers, at least as far as I know.

TalonMan said: 

-snip-

Unfortunately, the ads aren't a matter of "annoying". They're dangerous. Many of them carry viruses, have sound, take up the whole screen, and often don't advertise anything relevant.

Watch me stream games and hunt trophies on my Twitch channel!

Check out my Twitch Channel!:

www.twitch.tv/AzurenGames

merman said:
I remember back in the day you would get banned if you used Adblocker ok the site and admited it.
Now there is literally no choice! I had to get adblocker on my iPhone just because the adverts made it so hard to use this site!

Ohh its too late for you to use an ad blocker... if you have an Iphone, you already fell for bad advertising :(

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.