By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is this website becoming dangerous?

Adblocker is a must. You'd think that they'd want to find a way to make the ads, not so annoying, as they're not earning revenue from them, if everybody is blocking them.

Last edited by Sixteenvolt420 - on 30 December 2017

Around the Network

Is this how this website looks without adblock?

caffeinade said:
Use an ad blocker, use Linux.
Bonus points for running your OS in a VM.

How I wish VMs were good enough for everyday use but alas, they don't seem to be. At least I've had my share of trouble related to graphics in VM. Also, if you do everything in a VM, you might as well not use a VM. To really benefit from using a VM, you should probably use different VMs for different things.

Sixteenvolt420 said:

Adblocker is a must. You'd think that they'd want to find a way to make the ads, not so annoying, as they're not earning revenue from them, if everybody is blocking them.

They are. My understanding is that the owner of this site is OK with improving placement etc., but that's it. He's not even interested in the site anymore beyond that as far as I know. Still, that's an improvement.

Use this app on your mobile device. Enjoy!
https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hsv.freeadblockerbrowser

Wow, that's nothing like what I see... Then again I use... Can I even say it? Others said it in this thread but I don't know if it's not against the rules. Point is, I have been taking precautions for so long I don't even remember what an ad or a pop-up look like.

EDIT: and the app some speak of, well you need the "Plus" version, it's even better, just saying.

Around the Network

I am surprised people still use adblock, I did before now I use Ublock Origin. I was still annoyed that some ads still came trough with adblock(plus) and then I read that Adblock let ads go trough if the companies 'donate enough'. Also annoying that adblock is detectable (we see you are using an advertisement blocking program please turn it of for our site to read the article etc).

I go as far as to use Stylish to remove all avatars and signatures... can't imagine having advertisements too.

Feel free to check out my stream on twitch 

konnichiwa said:
I am surprised people still use adblock, I did before now I use Ublock Origin. I was still annoyed that some ads still came trough with adblock(plus) and then I read that Adblock let ads go trough if the companies 'donate enough'. Also annoying that adblock is detectable (we see you are using an advertisement blocking program please turn it of for our site to read the article etc).

You need to activate both easy list and easy privacy in the settings of AB Plus. Only one of those two is active by default. After that you are good to go.

The day we trust McAfee on anything is the day we should uninstall our PC.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

I just put up with everything. Really, I should have supporter status.

- "If you have the heart of a true winner, you can always get more pissed off than some other asshole."