By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Website Topics - Is this website becoming dangerous?

CrazyGamer2017 said:
konnichiwa said:
I am surprised people still use adblock, I did before now I use Ublock Origin. I was still annoyed that some ads still came trough with adblock(plus) and then I read that Adblock let ads go trough if the companies 'donate enough'. Also annoying that adblock is detectable (we see you are using an advertisement blocking program please turn it of for our site to read the article etc).

You need to activate both easy list and easy privacy in the settings of AB Plus. Only one of those two is active by default. After that you are good to go.

I have, the second is called Easy list Dutch something.

Around the Network

The website runs fine on my phone's browser. But it's a mess on PC with all the adverts.

Send a Friend Request On PSN :P

If i'd see those strange criptic signs i would be worried too. Maybe its a secret message by aliens trying to communicate with you. Remind me of crop circles.

Hunting Season is done...

Site is fine.

Noobie said:

From last couple of days my McAfee WebAdvisor has started giving me warning messages that this website is dangerous and suspicious. Then today i just stopped for a moment and i realised there is very little content space is left and most of it is advertisement.

I think McAfee updated yesterday, and it's working a bit too well now. I've got these warnings on several other sites too. So VGChartz is not actually becoming dangerous.

Around the Network
merman said:
I remember back in the day you would get banned if you used Adblocker ok the site and admited it.
Now there is literally no choice! I had to get adblocker on my iPhone just because the adverts made it so hard to use this site!

How long ago was this? 

konnichiwa said:
I am surprised people still use adblock, I did before now I use Ublock Origin. I was still annoyed that some ads still came trough with adblock(plus) and then I read that Adblock let ads go trough if the companies 'donate enough'. Also annoying that adblock is detectable (we see you are using an advertisement blocking program please turn it of for our site to read the article etc).

Never heard of Ublock. I think i'll try it.

IamAwsome said:
merman said:
I remember back in the day you would get banned if you used Adblocker ok the site and admited it.
Now there is literally no choice! I had to get adblocker on my iPhone just because the adverts made it so hard to use this site!

How long ago was this? 

Early years, if ioi caught you posting about it he banned you.  Ask the oldies like Naznatips/Okami wolf avatar guy etc.

Ryuu96 said:

After GameDB is implemented (Which will also require any fixing needed after the re-implementation) Ads is the next top priority.

I don't believe Talon can actually change what Ads are being shown but he can change the size of the ads and possibly sort out some awkward placement but yeah it will hopefully be improved soon, the Admin team is aware of the Ad issues and have images of multiple areas of the site to sort out.

CrazyGamer2017 said: 

Wow, that's nothing like what I see... Then again I use... Can I even say it? Others said it in this thread but I don't know if it's not against the rules. Point is, I have been taking precautions for so long I don't even remember what an ad or a pop-up look like.

EDIT: and the app some speak of, well you need the "Plus" version, it's even better, just saying.

I'm not going to ban you for saying Adblock

I've been warned for mentioning Adblock once by ioi himself (many years ago)

Last edited by Chrizum - on 30 December 2017

BasilZero said:
vivster said:
The day we trust McAfee on anything is the day we should uninstall our PC.

Deleting system32 should help the OP quite nicely.

It certainly would help against that McAfee virus on his system.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.