By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - California couple decides to start hormone therapy for their children for gender swap

KLAMarine said:
That Y chromosome is going nowhere.

X chromosome, you mean?

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Around the Network
Machina said:

Their 4 year old boy coincidentally is also transgender.

No frigging wonder. He looks on, as a 4 year old, sees all of the attention being given to his older sister (soon to be brother), who he looks up to and wants to emulate, and the constant praise and affirmation of his mother, and decides he also happens to have been born in the wrong body. Thus he's set on the road of having his gender changed, via hormone therapy and surgery, from the age of 4.

Just bonkers. Those kids are going to be very messed up individuals when they grow up.

Completely agree, i find this whole thing completely disgusting, not to mention at that early age a kid has no fucking idea about his sexuality (he hasn't even gone through puberty yet), and he is being allowed to make a life changing decision that has the potential to screw him for life...

palou said:
KLAMarine said:
That Y chromosome is going nowhere.

X chromosome, you mean?

The Y chromosome seems more pivotal than the X chromosome in determining sex.

They're children. They don't know what they want for Christmas let alone a life changing decision like this at such a young age.

This is disgusting.

I'm not sure how I feel about this. At first glance, this seems really ridiculous, but it's actually a pretty complex matter, starting with what gender identity is and when and how it's formed. I feel like I'm currently not informed enough to have a strong opinion about this.

Aeolus451 said:
That's child abuse. I don't think any parent should push their kid to be trans or put any kid on hormones before they're 18. Kids are too young make that kind of choice. If the kid wants to become trans, they can when they're grown. Also, hormone treatments destroy a person ability to have kids.

As far as I know, it's not a choice usually. It's about identity that just comes to be as a person matures.

Around the Network

Yep, child abuse 101.
Guess Sweden's "hens" have come to US as well.
Next up - gender-neutral kindergartens where young children are presented with drawings of Batman doing balet and Spiderman sitting down while taking a piss (not made up, unfortunately).

This is a goddamned crime.

I cannot really see what's wrong with that. If he's really transgender, being on hormone blockers is the best thing possible. Plus, having accepting paretings is great.

jardesonbarbosa said:
I cannot really see what's wrong with that. If he's really transgender, being on hormone blockers is the best thing possible. Plus, having accepting paretings is great.

The thing is, boys and girls are pretty much the same before puberty. He can't be transgender yet.

Sorry but at that age they don't know what they want. This is parents forcing an agenda on a child.