By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - California couple decides to start hormone therapy for their children for gender swap

okay great, another "my kid is a transgender and i support them story". this can only happen so many times before people run out of cares to give

Around the Network
HoloDust said:
Yep, child abuse 101.
Guess Sweden's "hens" have come to US as well.
Next up - gender-neutral kindergartens where young children are presented with drawings of Batman doing balet and Spiderman sitting down while taking a piss (not made up, unfortunately).

link?

Tulipanzo said:

Mate, talking to a med student here, but really doesn't take that much to know that hormone blockers are reversible.
Or that "once the doctor determines that puberty has begun" seems to suggest that the term "prepubescent" is not applicable.

We have a fundamentally different point of view - the idea of putting hormones into children for sex change is an uncrossable chasm. The temporary flux of 'boy wants long hair' is not my interest.

Tulipanzo said:
Aeolus451 said:

From what I've seen no one has made that argument at all so thanks for your contribution to the thread with a nugget of wisdom.

This was more my gut feeling telling me what the article was about, not whatever hormone bullshit the thread was peddling.
Having read it, it is definitely what the article is about, something the thread creator deliberately obfuscated and lied about.

Still reading through the replies. Sure, nobody has argued someone's transitioning to be unnatural, wrong, disgusting, too soon, influenced by society/parents/brother etc. ;)
Your point is looking quite thin on the ground

how is transitioning not unnatural?

numberwang said:
Tulipanzo said:

Mate, talking to a med student here, but really doesn't take that much to know that hormone blockers are reversible.
Or that "once the doctor determines that puberty has begun" seems to suggest that the term "prepubescent" is not applicable.

We have a fundamentally different point of view - the idea of putting hormones into children for sex change is an uncrossable chasm. The temporary flux of 'boy wants long hair' is not my interest.

The fundamental difference seems to be your inability to discuss your lying in your own thread title, something you haven't bothered to defend yet.
Just tell me if hormonal therapy is your trigger, I'll avoid the topic if it makes you so irrational

Edit: You also seem to confuse sex-change hormones, which are, as stated by the article, obviously not used on children, to puberty delaying hormonal therapy.
Good news then, no "uncrossable chasm" [lol] has been crossed

Last edited by Tulipanzo - on 30 December 2017

Around the Network

I’m sure the parents know better than any of us what the child is going through, but the worry is still there over the normal throw away childhood influences. Things change, people change. When I was in kindergarten, I would brag about having 5 girlfriends, and I remember having a crush on Minnie Mouse. Lol. I am the furthest from that today that a person can be.

Sometimes the end result is just as much or more a psychological win for the parent as it is for the child. I think the parent situation in these cases should also be psychologically evaluated. A strong mother figure and weaker father figure can strongly encourage a childs focus in life and their definitions of validity. Certainly we all want to be happy and most circumstances cannot be controlled, requiring compassion and understanding. We only live this life one time and are only human, but precautionary measures should always be taken along the way. (Who am I kidding, I’d still go on a date with Minnie Mouse. :p lol)

Last edited by zygote - on 30 December 2017