By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Japan: Splatoon 2 outsells Splatoon's total, Switch hardware sales outpacing PS2

https://gonintendo.com/stories/298712-japan-splatoon-2-surpasses-splatoon-total-sales-switch-officia

Splatoon 1 sold 1.5 million in Japan lifetime, Splatoon 2 is now at 1.66 million.

PS2 sold 3 million in Japan from its March 4th launch to this point in the year, Switch is now at 3.26 million in the same period.

Last edited by curl-6 - on 28 December 2017

Around the Network

switch had really strong numbers last week, that it sold even more than ps2 in the first year suprised me

Nintendo must pour money on the AC team, it's no simple task to create not one but 2 milion seller franchises that appeal this much to the japanese market, if Nintendo had a team capable of doing the same to the western market the Switch could sell as much as the DS...

This kind of thread need a bump

NNID : ShenlongDK
PSN : DarkLong213

The Switch will be a huge success in Japan alone. Hope Nintendo doesn't go back to their attention being Japan first though.

Around the Network

I wonder how many units Splatoon 2 will sell in the long run.

300k switch consoles were sold last week in Japan. Will surpass PS4’s Ltd over there next year already.

Luke888 said:
Nintendo must pour money on the AC team, it's no simple task to create not one but 2 milion seller franchises that appeal this much to the japanese market, if Nintendo had a team capable of doing the same to the western market the Switch could sell as much as the DS...

If the AC team hasn't already been split to give Animal Crossing and Splatoon their own dedicated teams then it should be because both franchises are too big and too important to be a development group's secondary focus.

Jesus!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

XD84 said:
I wonder how many units Splatoon 2 will sell in the long run.

Over 8 million, easily.