By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 51): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - December 18-24, 2017

Holy shit @ switch.

My youtube gaming page.

http://www.youtube.com/user/klaudkil

Around the Network

Despite not reaching 300K, the Switch sold just enough to be over 3 million for the year, which is incredible for any console this generation in Japan. I'm glad ARMS got a bit of a second wind out of this holiday season and hope that bolds well for EVO Japan. Kinda funny 1-2 Switch also got a little second wind (though I guess some people in Japan preferred these types of games and, as usual, "Different strokes for different folks"). Too bad Xenoblade couldn't make it back to the top 20, but I would think its still able to sell well.

It's also amazing Odyssey is able to lead the way for the Switch during this holiday season even though 3D Mario usually aren't the system sellers in Japan as 2D Mario games are. Plus, Splatoon 2 surpassing the original's LT Japan sales within just 6 months of its life is incredible and shows how much Splatoon has earned a spot within the pop culture in Japan (plus including the Splatoon 2 tournaments). I am also surprised the 3DS was able to outsell the PS4 last week. Not sure how, but interesting. Goes to show there are still people interested in a 3DS so Nintendo was right for giving the system a slow transition to its eventual end.

Too bad we didtnt had 300k+ Switch week,
on other note Switch passed 3m, Switch SW is doing great, MK8D is already 3rd Switch 1m seller game.

Luke888 said:
Splatoon 2 outsold Splatoon's lifetime sales in Japan. In less than 6 months. I N S A N E.

Also I heard Xenoblade had stock issues since it already sold nearly as much as the other two Xeno games LT in Japan, is that true ?

The only thing we have to go, as evidence, is that famitsu keeps listing XC 2 sold through rate at 80-100%, which is as close as sold out as one can get.But for me, thats pretty vague to be used as an evidence that the game is having stock problems.Whatever the case may be, the game is already selling significantly better than X, and if this week it does about the same as last week, then it will be really ahead.

Last edited by Nautilus - on 27 December 2017

My (locked) thread about how difficulty should be a decision for the developers, not the gamers.

https://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=241866&page=1

PS4 YTD 2016 - 1,716,249
PS4 YTD 2017 - 1,742,105
25,856 Difference.

Week 52 2015 - 53,023
Week 52 2016 - 83,337
Week 52 2017 -???

PS4 will need to sell 57,482 or above to be up yoy

Around the Network

Wanted to see the 300k mark :(

I was expecting at least 100k more Switch hw numbers.

Still supply? Or has it met the demand?

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

my bet was 300k or so.

Is good for me

Click HERE and be happy 

NoCtiS_NoX said:
PS4 YTD 2016 - 1,716,249
PS4 YTD 2017 - 1,742,105
25,856 Difference.

Week 52 2015 - 53,023
Week 52 2016 - 83,337
Week 52 2017 -???

PS4 will need to sell 57,482 or above to be up yoy

Basically Flat YoY. Whether is slightly up or down. That might be a bit much to-do this week

Good Switch numbers despite not getting the 300K. It's still absolute domination though.

Surprised at 3DS a bit.

Xenoblade 2 has sold through 80-100%. Which is good, but they need more shipped asap. I wonder how the game did digitally. I can imagine that it's higher than usual since it's sold out in retail.