By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2018 will be the 20th anniversary of the best year in gaming - how will u celebrate it?

I will replay my fav games of the legendary 1998 which are Thief The Dark Project, Commandos Behind Enemy Lines, Unreal, Viper Racing. No love for Half-Life :P

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

1995 was not 20 years ago.

Wow, 20 years. I agree 1998 was gaming's best year, my favorites lists has quite a few games from that year. Maybe I should get out my N64 and replay the real Ocarina of Time again, or my PlayStation to replay MediEvil, or reinstall Motocross Madness on my computer.

I will be enjoying the amazing new expereinces that VR has brought to the world. Looking forward to Wipeout VR. Should fill the nostalgia void, and deliver the future of things past.

Also excited to see what classics make their way to PS4 and Switch on the PS Store and E-Shop. Maybe some of 1998's great hits will be reborn with Trophy support, and whatever Nintendo's paid online expereince brings next year.

Stop hate, let others live the life they were given. Everyone has their problems, and no one should have to feel ashamed for the way they were born. Be proud of who you are, encourage others to be proud of themselves. Learn, research, absorb everything around you. Nothing is meaningless, a purpose is placed on everything no matter how you perceive it. Discover how to love, and share that love with everything that you encounter. Help make existence a beautiful thing.

Kevyn B Grams
10/03/2010 

KBG29 on PSN&XBL

Ka-pi96 said:
The 20 year anniversary of 2002 is 2022, not 2018.

2002 was the year of Mafia The City of Lost Heaven, so it was a great year but not nearly 1998.

My Etsy store

My Ebay store

Deus Ex (2000) - a game that pushes the boundaries of what the video game medium is capable of to a degree unmatched to this very day.

Around the Network

I played a lot of ps1 and n64 games in 1998 but i can only remember playing rival schools in 1998. I cant remember exactly what other games in 98 but im guessing maybe metal gear solid, ocarina of time, resident evil 2 , brave fencer, final fantasy 8, crash bandicoot 2 and tekken 2 or 3

You have a typo there; you must mean 30th anniversary. SMB3 was released in 1988.

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

I've heard about 1998 as one of the best years ever in video games, a famous french blogger has hinted recently that he might do a special on 1998 so if he does I'll be watching. I don't recall that year as being special but back then I was not following the gaming news as I do today and to be fair the internet was not what it is today.

In the meantime can someone give a summary of 1998 and why it is considered one of the best years ever?

already beaten Resident Evil 2 this year for Dreamcast, and played lots of Starcraft Remastered haha, dont know

CrazyGamer2017 said:
I've heard about 1998 as one of the best years ever in video games, a famous french blogger has hinted recently that he might do a special on 1998 so if he does I'll be watching. I don't recall that year as being special but back then I was not following the gaming news as I do today and to be fair the internet was not what it is today.

In the meantime can someone give a summary of 1998 and why it is considered one of the best years ever?

Outside of Ocarina of Time, Resident Evil 2 and Metal Gear Solid I really can't recall anything really special.

Edit: and the release of Dreamcast. 

Last edited by bdbdbd - on 26 December 2017

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.