By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - 2018 will be the 20th anniversary of the best year in gaming - how will u celebrate it?

CrazyGamer2017 said:
I've heard about 1998 as one of the best years ever in video games, a famous french blogger has hinted recently that he might do a special on 1998 so if he does I'll be watching. I don't recall that year as being special but back then I was not following the gaming news as I do today and to be fair the internet was not what it is today.

In the meantime can someone give a summary of 1998 and why it is considered one of the best years ever?

Outside of Ocarina of Time, Resident Evil 2 and Metal Gear Solid I really can't recall anything really special.

Edit: and the release of Dreamcast. 

Last edited by bdbdbd - on 26 December 2017

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network

2018 isn't the 20th anniversary of 2004...

bdbdbd said:
You have a typo there; you must mean 30th anniversary. SMB3 was released in 1988.

Oh god you Bio X-DDD, nice to see another Finn here.

By buying Half-Life 3

or playing Black Mesa.

Last edited by caffeinade - on 26 December 2017

Matsku said:
bdbdbd said:
You have a typo there; you must mean 30th anniversary. SMB3 was released in 1988.

Fröbelin Palikat. 

Yeah, there used to be quite a few of us some years back. I don't know who others there are at the moment, but at least the one guy with Timo Kahilainen as his avatar. 

Ei Kiinasti.

Eikä Japanisti.

Vaan pannaan jalalla koreasti.

Nintendo games sell only on Nintendo system.

Around the Network
bdbdbd said:
Matsku said:

Fröbelin Palikat. 

Yeah, there used to be quite a few of us some years back. I don't know who others there are at the moment, but at least the one guy with Timo Kahilainen as his avatar. 

Ohhhh! I do remember them. Haven't heard that particular song though.

I'm replaying Starcraft and Ocarina of Time

I LOVE ICELAND!