By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Last of US 2 got a battle royale mode it would increase its popularity

Should Naughty Dog add Battle Royal to Last of us 2?

Yes 12 28.57%

No 19 45.24%

It could work, but id like something else. 11 26.19%

Total:42

Hello everyone,

I was wondering what everyone thought about the prospect of Last of Us adopting Battle Royale for the Last of Us 2. Ever since the Last of Us came out its scavenging, crafting and team-based manhunt style has been a staple of its appeal. All of this was happening years before PUBG came out, just not on such a large scale in a manner who every man was for themselves. If they could increase map sizes and includes this it would be great. A lot of people want to play Fortnite...but thats not my cup of tea.It would also open people up to how great the multiplayer truly is. It was definitely last gens most underrated multiplayer games. If Last of us had battle royale....it would be amazing. 

So what do you think?

Around the Network

The combat in ND games is too loose and crappy for that. 100 people ducking behind crates doesn't sound all that fun.  They need more stealth based mp game modes.

The PS4 couldn't handle 100 players, of decent complexity, running around a large map.

Not in an interesting way.
Not in a way that Naughty Dog would be satisfied with.

You don't actually have to chase every emerging trend. Especially when you are a brilliant studio that sets trends themselves

Also rocket powered battlecars and time traveling cockneys.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Around the Network

i agree

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/thread.php?id=232535&page=1

vivster said:
Also rocket powered battlecars and time traveling cockneys.

I could see them doing these things.
If they were more marketable.

I don't think the Engine is even remotely capable or managing such huge maps, let alone a Player count of 100. I also don't think that every dev and their mother should do Open World and Battle Royal just because it's the hot shit right now.

tl;dr: no

Official member of VGC's Nintendo family, approved by the one and only RolStoppable. I feel honored.

That game does not need an online multiplayer mode at all.

caffeinade said:
The PS4 couldn't handle 100 players, of decent complexity, running around a large map.

Not in an interesting way.
Not in a way that Naughty Dog would be satisfied with.

MAG on the PS3 had over 200 players.