By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Last of US 2 got a battle royale mode it would increase its popularity

Should Naughty Dog add Battle Royal to Last of us 2?

Yes 12 28.57%

No 19 45.24%

It could work, but id like something else. 11 26.19%

Total:42
caffeinade said:
The PS4 couldn't handle 100 players, of decent complexity, running around a large map.

Not in an interesting way.
Not in a way that Naughty Dog would be satisfied with.

It doesnt need 100 players. It only needs as many players as Naughty Dog for sees fit for it to work in engine. As long as it is balanced, then it should be cool.

Around the Network
Rogerioandrade said:

That game does not need an online multiplayer mode at all.

And yet...its online multiplayer is amazing. This would only make it even more amazing. This is why I keep telling people that it would be a hit, because so many people havent seen Last of Us multiplayer. Its not like Uncharted.

caffeinade said:
VGPolyglot said:

MAG on the PS3 had over 200 players.

(a) Oh, god, that game looks ugly; even for a 7th gen title, MAG looks really bad.

(b) Naughty Doy wants to really sell their characters... ain't gonna happen if they look that bad.
      I said decent complexity, MAG's players are super basic.

MAG seems to be built around having many players on the battlefield; Naughty Dog would be re-purposing their existing tech around a novelty.

Worked for fortnite. Battle royale is here to stay and It isn't a novelty. It is now a legitimate multiplayer mode.

Last edited by S.T.A.G.E. - on 24 December 2017

As long as it wont affect the single player or delay the release, then sure.

pxrocks said:
when i first played pubg it felt like a low budget and buggy last of us mp clone.so the last of p2 doesn't need a battle royal mode because its already there.IMO ND should try something different with lat of us p2 mp.the last of us 1 mp is very good but it needs a lot of improvement.

Aside from being in third person, how in the world is PUBG a LoU clone? There’s no crafting, no rounds, no objectives other than kill, no loadouts, and there are vehicles in PUBG. They could not play any less alike.

I thought LoU MP was pretty much perfect before they beat it to death with microtransactions and extremely overpowered DLC weapons. Worse, some of the DLC options literally changed the meta of the game from tactical stealth to smoke bomb run and gun.

Around the Network
Machina said:
Rogerioandrade said:

That game does not need an online multiplayer mode at all.

+1

They'll shove one in anyway though.

Wow.how are you commenting on the multiplayer of the game when you didnt even know it was in existence? Shove one in? It was already done and it was very well thought out. I played it before microtransactions came in as some are saying.

ShadowSoldier said:
Stop. Stuffing. MULTIPLAYER. IN EVERY GAME.

It....was....already...in....the....first.....game.....and....was.....great.

LudicrousSpeed said:
pxrocks said:
when i first played pubg it felt like a low budget and buggy last of us mp clone.so the last of p2 doesn't need a battle royal mode because its already there.IMO ND should try something different with lat of us p2 mp.the last of us 1 mp is very good but it needs a lot of improvement.

Aside from being in third person, how in the world is PUBG a LoU clone? There’s no crafting, no rounds, no objectives other than kill, no loadouts, and there are vehicles in PUBG. They could not play any less alike.

I thought LoU MP was pretty much perfect before they beat it to death with microtransactions and extremely overpowered DLC weapons. Worse, some of the DLC options literally changed the meta of the game from tactical stealth to smoke bomb run and gun.

Sucks that microtransactions got in the way. I stopped playing on the PS3 before that took hold. I've been looking to get back into it, but that really sucks to hear about the Microtransactions.

Machina said:
S.T.A.G.E. said:

Wow.how are you commenting on the multiplayer of the game when you didnt even know it was in existence? Shove one in? It was already done and it was very well thought out. I played it before microtransactions came in as some are saying.

Eh? Why are you assuming that? I know there's multiplayer in the original. And is with every other Naughty Dog game since Uncharted 2 it was shoved in because it's become a tedious 'industry standard' that everything has to have online multiplayer.

Before Uncharted 2 there was no multiplayer that was exactly like Uncharted. Uncharted 2 had multiplayer most likely because Gears had it and they made their multiplayer different. When Uncharted's popularity provided the formula for Crystal Dynamics to revive Tomb Raider, they tried to copy uncharted's successful multiplayer formula but failed. That was an actual failure.  

They could possibly do it, but I don't think they should. It just doesn't seem like a good fit for the game with its story focused zombie survivor style game. Plus, they already designed their own MP mode in the game.

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread