By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sony Discussion - If Last of US 2 got a battle royale mode it would increase its popularity

Should Naughty Dog add Battle Royal to Last of us 2?

Yes 12 28.57%

No 19 45.24%

It could work, but id like something else. 11 26.19%

Total:42

Stop. Stuffing. MULTIPLAYER. IN EVERY GAME.

Black Women Are The Most Beautiful Women On The Planet.

"In video game terms, RPGs are games that involve a form of separate battles taking place with a specialized battle system and the use of a system that increases your power through a form of points.

Sure, what you say is the definition, but the connotation of RPGs is what they are in video games." - dtewi

Around the Network
caffeinade said:
The PS4 couldn't handle 100 players, of decent complexity, running around a large map.

Not in an interesting way.
Not in a way that Naughty Dog would be satisfied with.

I agree with the ND wouldnt be satisfied with statement, but cannot agree with 100 players.

The PS4 could handle 100 players I mean didnt MAG have 256 or something (they were zonal but still) and PUBG is running 100 on Xbox (though from what I've seen it doesnt look that great)... .

So do I think they could do it, yes, and ND are certainly someone who could, and being platform specific would make it easier....(unlike PUBG which has been ported from PC and will take some time to get into a good state).

But that doesnt mean they should :D - not really what the game is about and i think it would take a lot of money and resources. Sony left that whole MP arena stuff behind when they sold SOE.

Making an indie game : Dead of Day!

when i first played pubg it felt like a low budget and buggy last of us mp clone.so the last of p2 doesn't need a battle royal mode because its already there.IMO ND should try something different with lat of us p2 mp.the last of us 1 mp is very good but it needs a lot of improvement.

Seems like it would fit pretty well with the world of TLoU.

caffeinade said:
The PS4 couldn't handle 100 players, of decent complexity, running around a large map.

Not in an interesting way.
Not in a way that Naughty Dog would be satisfied with.

Didn't Resistance 2 have 60 players at once on PS3? Why wouldn't this work on PS4? 

Around the Network

Nope, it's not gonna need it.

twintail said:
No thanks.
Not only would it take a lot of work on the graphics to even remotely get this working, and TloU isnt even open world to begin with. But TloU already has a really good and unique MP. All they need to do is work on that and make it better.

Days Gone, on the other hand, should get the Battle Royale esque MP (and only that). A lot more workable since it is UE4, like PubG and Fortnite, and is open world, so there is an already established map (or maps if they break it down in size).

That said if TloU2 got this type of MP then that is cool, but I dont think its feasible, nor am I overly interested. Rather core MP be focused on and always with an active online base.

It doesnt have to have as large a map nor as many players. Last of Us works similarly, but in a team-based fashion. Plus, Last of us is being made for more powerful hardware now. it would work, but Naughty Dog would have to put their own spin on it.

Rayban99 said:

The combat in ND games is too loose and crappy for that. 100 people ducking behind crates doesn't sound all that fun.  They need more stealth based mp game modes.

Naughty Dog games being loose and crappy? Uncharted and Last of Us dont play the same. People dont hide behind crates all the time either. Uncharted is run and gun with obstacles and places to climb and perch. Last of Us is 100% a manhunt game that is slower and more methodical. Its based on stalking, stealing parts, crafting and surviving.

SuperNova said:
You don't actually have to chase every emerging trend. Especially when you are a brilliant studio that sets trends themselves

Its not about it  being the emerging trend. The second I remotely saw pubg...I thought of the last of us, but in an open world. Besides, Pubg is a glorified battle royale mode. Anyone can use it, but Naughty Dog should put their own spin on it. The whole multiplayer for Last of Us is based on manhunt style survival.