By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Sales Discussion - Japan sales (Week 50): Media Create/Famitsu/Dengeki - December 11-17

Miyamotoo said:
Kerotan said:

Yeah 1 console that replaced 2. If ps4 was also portable and a successor to the vita as well we would obviously be comparing it to vita + ps3. The only reason you guys don't accept this comparison is because it doesn't favor the switch. 

Because fact is that despite Switch is a hybrid its still one platform and device, Wii U + 3DS or PS3 + Vita are two difrent and separate platforms (with difrent linuep of games, with difrent price point, with difrent marketing...). Actually you're probably only guy that push that WiiU + 3DS numbers agenda because that's favour you for your Sony vs Nintendo comparisons.

It's a hybrid that covers 2 previous platforms. 

Around the Network

Kerotan said: 

The only reason you guys don't accept this comparison is because it doesn't favor the switch. 

And the only reason you continue to spew it is because you're desperate to find something negative that you can spread about Switch sales, while it continues to stomp all over your precious PlayStation.

Funny how these things work eh.

Carl2291 said:

Kerotan said: 

The only reason you guys don't accept this comparison is because it doesn't favor the switch. 

And the only reason you continue to spew it is because you're desperate to find something negative that you can spread about Switch sales, while it continues to stomp all over your precious PlayStation.

I highlight this quote from Kowen about three months ago, or maybe four months ago:

"I haven't been paying attention much lately, but is someone seriously suggesting (demanding) that the Switch has to sell the sum of the previous home console and handheld to be considered a success?

That's a logic failure of epic proportions. "

SpokenTruth said:
Kerotan said:

So you demand a 1:1 transition or else it's failing.  That means everybody that owned both must now buy multiple Switches to meet your arbitrary criteria.

If 10 million owned a 3DS and a Wii U and those same 10 million bought a Switch, did Nintendo fail to you?

I demand nothing. I'm simply comparing it to the consoles it's taking place of. 

Carl2291 said:

Kerotan said: 

What's with the harsh language. Would you write this in regards ps4 beating switch easily WW? 

"while it continues to stomp all over your precious switch." 

Acevil said:

Carl2291 said:

I highlight this quote from Kowen about three months ago, or maybe four months ago:

"I haven't been paying attention much lately, but is someone seriously suggesting (demanding) that the Switch has to sell the sum of the previous home console and handheld to be considered a success?

I've clarified a million times that switch doesn't have to outsell the consoles it's replacing to be considered a success. It's a valid market analysis to compare a console to the consoles it replaces.

Why do people get so defensive over this just because the switch is losing this battle in Japan?

Kerotan said:
SpokenTruth said:

So you demand a 1:1 transition or else it's failing.  That means everybody that owned both must now buy multiple Switches to meet your arbitrary criteria.

If 10 million owned a 3DS and a Wii U and those same 10 million bought a Switch, did Nintendo fail to you?

Carl2291 said:

What's with the harsh language. Would you write this in regards ps4 beating switch easily WW? 

Acevil said:

I've clarified a million times that switch doesn't have to outsell the consoles it's replacing to be considered a success. It's a valid market analysis to compare a console to the consoles it replaces.

Why do people get so defensive over this just because the switch is losing this battle in Japan?

Your reasoning is the opposite of what it should really be in terms of units sold.

75mil 3ds - 10mil wiiu (an estimate of those that have both)

65mil switches need to be sold to match that! Only software to an extent is within your logic of reasoning (switch vs 3ds/wiiu)

Around the Network
tbone51 said:
Kerotan said:

Your reasoning is the opposite of what it should really be in terms of units sold.

75mil 3ds - 10mil wiiu (an estimate of those that have both)

65mil switches need to be sold to match that! Only software to an extent is within your logic of reasoning (switch vs 3ds/wiiu)

Will 3ds plus Wii u sales not be around 90m in the end? 

Kerotan said:
Miyamotoo said:

Because fact is that despite Switch is a hybrid its still one platform and device, Wii U + 3DS or PS3 + Vita are two difrent and separate platforms (with difrent linuep of games, with difrent price point, with difrent marketing...). Actually you're probably only guy that push that WiiU + 3DS numbers agenda because that's favour you for your Sony vs Nintendo comparisons.

This is where your argument falls flat on its face. How can the Switch replace the 3DS if the 3DS is still on the market? Also how can the 3DS be a "previous" platform if it's still on the market? Your whole argument is spin at its finest. Ever considered becoming a politician?

DON'T WIN ME CHIBI BUDDY DON'T WIN ME.

ANIMAL CROSSING NEW LEAF FRIEND CODE:- 5129 1175 1029. MESSAGE ME.
ANDY MURRAY:- GRAND SLAM WINNER!

In my opinion the N64 was not just the best console of the 5th gen but, to this day the best console ever created!

I dont know if I should be laughing or crying from reading this.......

Pocky Lover Boy!