By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - The wisdom of the 6Tf vs 4Tf

DonFerrari said:
EricHiggin said:

I wasn't calling him a liar, all I said was that he shouldn't have said some of the things he did. I find he says too much and promises too much sometimes. I was pointing more so to Phil and his uncompromised 4k/60. You can't really say that then talk about how balanced the console hardware is, then show off games playing 4k/30 max. The hardware is well balanced if your expecting 4k/30, which you should for a $500 console at the end of 2017, that's just not what he said. He needs to be a little more careful with his words, marketing aside, that's all.

Pemalite said: 

People really need to stop hanging by every single word that Phil and Cerny say, they have an obligation to embellish things a little to make their platforms seem the best that they can.

Rather, impartial outlets are better sources of information.

True. Doesn't exactly make it ok, but they are businessmen. It's hard to try and talk about what Phil, Cerny, etc, may have meant because there is always someone who is definitely going to use what they actually said to try and prove you wrong. If you use exactly what they said, someone is going to tell you to read between the lines.

Ok about Phill, let's call PR shenanigans and have an agreement =]

I can shake on that.

Around the Network

Definitely think it's a little too early to tell. Sony still has the allure of its first party output, but they handled the Pro poorly beyond the hardware. 

vivster said:
caffeinade said:

11>6>4

If Xbox One x and Playstation 4 Pro are lemons, the Switch is a potato.
In my opinion: potatoes are much more interesting than lemons.

Now if we could just stop people pretending that potatoes are actually lemons if you peel them just right.

But if you dip it in some Nvidia sauce and sprinkle some shader seasoning it can look like a sour lemon sometimes. 

Last edited by xxbrothawizxx63 - on 23 December 2017

I thought X1X is next gen, and the X1S is the premium upgrade competing against the PS4pro?

CPU: Ryzen 7950X
GPU: MSI 4090 SUPRIM X 24G
Motherboard: MSI MEG X670E GODLIKE
RAM: CORSAIR DOMINATOR PLATINUM 32GB DDR5
SSD: Kingston FURY Renegade 4TB
Gaming Console: PLAYSTATION 5
Pemalite said:
Ruler said:

And the XBox One X is supposed to have DX12 backed in into the hardware, i wouldnt listen to anything what these companies have to say that isnt real hardware when it comes to power

I think that was an oversimplification when they stated that Direct X 12 was baked into hardware.
The API is still very much software driven, but some of the aspects related to handling things like draw calls in the Direct X 12 API has been offloaded into the GPU's command processor.

Which is again... Why listening to Phil or Cerny is a bad idea, they embellish things, go for an impartial source instead.

DonFerrari said:

MS said they would demand 4k from all devs, to just a few time later backtrack on it. The games I really care about are all looking incredible on PS4Pro even though I'm aware that a lot haven't put a PS4Pro enhancement. Sony have only demanded that it's at least equal to PS4 basic.

If you already have invested in a Playstation 4 Pro, there is still very little reason to go for the Xbox One X in my opinion.
You would have likely already invested in Sony's online and software library and accessories and so on.

Sure. But I was talking more about Sony demanding all games to have a 4k mode, or any other mandated feature, that could make devs make some games prettier but also could destroy other games. That is why I said the games I have been buying and playing look pretty already without Sony needing to enforce. And I also prefer that MS had dropped some of the mandatory points on their X1X

duduspace11 "Well, since we are estimating costs, Pokemon Red/Blue did cost Nintendo about $50m to make back in 1996"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=8808363

Mr Puggsly: "Hehe, I said good profit. You said big profit. Frankly, not losing money is what I meant by good. Don't get hung up on semantics"

http://gamrconnect.vgchartz.com/post.php?id=9008994

Azzanation: "PS5 wouldn't sold out at launch without scalpers."

Ruler said:

Yes most games do downsample. You would know if you would take the time and read your own link you have posted, only around 20 games do not downsample from 267 PS4 Pro games in total https://www.resetera.com/threads/all-games-with-ps4-pro-enhancements.3101

That is the real kicker isn't it? The majority of games that will be run on a Playstation 4 Pro are... *Drumroll* base Playstation 4 games.
It's the same issue that plagues the Xbox One X.

DonFerrari said:

Sure. But I was talking more about Sony demanding all games to have a 4k mode, or any other mandated feature, that could make devs make some games prettier but also could destroy other games. That is why I said the games I have been buying and playing look pretty already without Sony needing to enforce. And I also prefer that MS had dropped some of the mandatory points on their X1X

Well. Sony and Microsoft should force requirements for their "premium" machines to have some sort of improvement over the base machine going forward.
It doesn't need to be anything massive though... But just enough so that people feel they got their money's worth.

--::{PC Gaming Master Race}::--

Around the Network
xxbrothawizxx63 said:

Definitely think it's a little too early to tell. Sony still has the allure of its first party output, but they handled the Pro poorly beyond the hardware. 

vivster said:

Now if we could just stop people pretending that potatoes are actually lemons if you peel them just right.

But if you dip it in some Nvidia sauce and sprinkle some shader seasoning it can look like a sour lemon sometimes. 

It will look like a shrimpled lemon and it will also run like one.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Random_Matt said:
6TF is such a waste with a shit CPU.
At the end of the day, it's still mostly a sub 30FPS box.
$500, what a rip off.
My opinion of course.

Well your opinion wrong. I mean if it doesent interest you, thats fine. But $499 is not unreasonable for the specs.

Its a sub 30 fps box? For the most part games stay at 30 fps and it does do a better job at 60 fps experiences.

The X1X is a machine designed to make 8th gen games looks better and perform more stable. The OG specs hits resolutions around 720p to 1080p, the X1X tends to do 1440p to 4K along with better graphics settings. X1X is not a rip off, its an option and boost in image fidelity has a cost.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Mr Puggsly said:
Random_Matt said:
6TF is such a waste with a shit CPU.
At the end of the day, it's still mostly a sub 30FPS box.
$500, what a rip off.
My opinion of course.

Well your opinion wrong. I mean if it doesent interest you, thats fine. But $499 is not unreasonable for the specs.

Its a sub 30 fps box? For the most part games stay at 30 fps and it does do a better job at 60 fps experiences.

The X1X is a machine designed to make 8th gen games looks better and perform more stable. The OG specs hits resolutions around 720p to 1080p, the X1X tends to do 1440p to 4K along with better graphics settings. X1X is not a rip off, its an option and boost in image fidelity has a cost.

But that’s the problem...it’s late and expensive. It’s late in the gen already. 500 for a console that will probably outdated very soon already seems like a tough proposition. I’m not questioning the value, it’s good value for sure, no rip-off at all.. but few people will find the motivation to buy one at such a high price nearing the end of the gen, especially without stand out games to show it off.

I guess it was a move in the right direction. Now the next step is to get more good exclusives that make us want to squeeze that extra power from XB1X.
Being this said, I think they could invest precisely in getting those exclusives first, because, as switch has show us, and the Wii before it, games are more important than raw power.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Errorist76 said:
Mr Puggsly said:

But that’s the problem...it’s late and expensive. It’s late in the gen already. 500 for a console that will probably outdated very soon already seems like a tough proposition. I’m not questioning the value, it’s good value for sure, no rip-off at all.. but few people will find the motivation to buy one at such a high price nearing the end of the gen, especially without stand out games to show it off.

If X1X came sooner and cheaper it would feel half backed like the Pro. Which has even less CPU power, no additional RAM (better textures), and even less capable of 4K. Even when it launched I said the Pro should have been $499, because for a Premium console its simply not doing enough and it might have sold even better at a higher price with better specs.

X1X will be outdated very soon? Depends how long until we see a console with better specs like PS5 which would also be more expensive. At best, that would be two years. That would also make this a short generation for Sony in spite of their success. That could be perceived as Sony being reactive to the X1X.

Also, if the PS5 launches in 2020 or 2021, then MS could simply launch a more powerful device the year after. Hence, there is always a more powerful device around the corner.

Its worth considering the X1X may be supported longer because it could better handle 9th gen games while and OG X1 support may not be required. As I've stated before, X1X could be treated as the budget 9th gen console.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)