By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazing moments when a game blows wide open

It is pretty straightforward.

But Fallout games. Once you get out of the vault, and you have a massive world to discover.

Around the Network

The 2nd mission in GTA 4 after Roman picks you up. I love the grungy, dirty atmosphere of Liberty City and being able to explore parts of it after the 1st mission is amazing.. GTA 4 is probably my favorite in the series.

Leaving the Nora lands in Horizon: ZD.

0331 Happiness is a belt-fed weapon

AnmolRed said:
flashfire926 said:

The first route of x was a short cemented path with nothing on it........ so I'm guessing you mean the second route?

Nope the first, though you realise later it's a very sorry excuse for a route, the way the town's are to reveal it, I'd never seen such a thing in a Pokémon game, I'm not calling it a good one, just saying when I saw it for the first time I was awestruck , also that reflection cave in the game , they was cool too, X and Y in general seemed to surprise me more visually than sun and moon (though I like them more).

Oh, I see.

I agree on reflection cave, that was very cool.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

In 2005 when I first rode a griffin in Wow from one low level area to another. You crossed several higher level areas. I though whoa this world was huge. First time I ever played a game like that so Azeroth seemed huge.

Around the Network

I don't think that ever happened to me. Maybe some kind of Halo level? Lol.

As of recent memory, Xenoblade X's intro to Mira cutscene.

COKTOE said:

Ok. I have a better idea for tomorrow, but I might just stick with this, even though it looks like a sarcastic post:

Marian getting punched in the stomach in the Double Dragon intro ( arcade edition ). I was about 12 years old when I initially saw this, and it blew my fucking mind. I was laughing so hard ( and continued to do so as the first levels unfolded ). I had never seen anything like this in a game up to that point. It was a whole new level of violence, and it was conveyed through state-of-the-art graphics and sound. Guy, flanked by thugs, saunters up to a woman, and delivers a 5 knuckle shillelagh to the breadbasket. Ooooof! She falls down, then the guy who punched her picks her up and slings her over his shoulder. Marian's also drawn pretty sexily, with revealing clothing, and as she's carried off screen her underwear is quite visible. It added to the newness of it all. Much more "adult" content than I was accustomed to. So for me, it hit the ground running. I know it's a cheap example, but I'm coasting on fumes right now.

Man, I laughed literally my ass off. I had to attach it to me after 10 minutes of hysterical laughter. This was sheer poetry.

"We all make choices, but in the end, our choices make us" - Andrew Ryan, Bioshock.

Rogerioandrade said:
Xenoblade Chronicles X. After the initial sequence, when you climb a small hill and Elma show you the beautiful morning landscape of Mira...... it´s breathtaking.

Agreed.  Xeno X was huge.  I think I had several moments where the scale took my breath away.  

DialgaMarine said:
Leaving the Nora lands in Horizon: ZD.

I agree with this. However, I think it was somewhat negated for me by the fact that the game overall isn't very big by current open world standards.  (Not complaining, really.  I appreciate that there was minimal filler in the game.  But, it was objectively smaller than many modern competitors.)