Forums - Gaming Discussion - Amazing moments when a game blows wide open

Rogerioandrade said:
Xenoblade Chronicles X. After the initial sequence, when you climb a small hill and Elma show you the beautiful morning landscape of Mira...... it´s breathtaking.

Agreed.  Xeno X was huge.  I think I had several moments where the scale took my breath away.  

Around the Network
DialgaMarine said:
Leaving the Nora lands in Horizon: ZD.

I agree with this. However, I think it was somewhat negated for me by the fact that the game overall isn't very big by current open world standards.  (Not complaining, really.  I appreciate that there was minimal filler in the game.  But, it was objectively smaller than many modern competitors.)  

Nei dies, Phantasy Star II. Changes everything after.

Entering Hyrule Field for first time on Ocarina of time back '98 and more recently leaving the dungeon/cave in Oblivion at the start and seeing the open world below with a ruined castle in distance back in '06. Not been blown away since then.

Technarchy said:

Nei dies, Phantasy Star II. Changes everything after.

Never played this game (aside from a few minutes in a Dreamcast collection disc) but that moment was such a big deal in gaming magazines of the 90s that I was kinda jealous of Sega gamers.

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures

Around the Network

The second level in the original Halo was pretty mind blowing at the time.

Even though Chrono Trigger is a fairly short rpg, I have to admit how amazing it was when the team found out what the real end goal was and that they'd have to go forwards and backwards through time to accomplish it.

mZuzek loves Starfox Adventures