By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sold all my consoles.

I mean raising children and playing games is not mutually exclusive. But if you weren't using the consoles and had no plans to, it makes sense.

But that kid is gonna get bored of you eventually, he will probably want a console.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

Around the Network
AngryLittleAlchemist said:
Sometimes I feel like that. It feels like video games are just another stress to add to the pile of stress that already exists. Just another chore to get to. A responsibility meant to hide your other responsibilities. And sometimes I want to rip away that luxury and just address the real problem at hand. To stop hiding and running from it.

But nope. There's a comfort in just conforming.

LOL depends on what game you're playing. There are games you can just jump into and have some fun for a few mins and walk away and then there are those complex games that you need to devote so much time that make you feel like you can't walk away.

Games that are stress free to me are games like ANY racing game...love the WipEout series and NFS: HP or NFS: Rivals.

Also, a fighting game like Tekken or Mortal Kombat. Fun games that I can just enjoy without caring too much about any details. Hell, even a simple game like Shadow of the Colossus to me that has a great story without the story overpowering the simplicity of the game world. Good stuff! There are games to cater to every type of player...makes me happy to say that.

Lawlight said:
Changing diapers and lack of sleep has a metascore of 100?

Oh hell yeah. Because after all he is giving me one smile and my battery is fully charged again.  

Pagan said:

Hey people. I just sold all of my consoles. I am console free now. Thought of holding the switch but nah. Just my PC left. But also just for printing something, writing emails and for sure my crypto wallets. 

Why i did that? Gaming is boring. My first "console" was a c64. So i have seen all of the generations. I have a son  now. He is better than every game with a 100 Meta Score.

I really feel free. I am happy about that. Just wanted to tell that to the vgchartz. I will not miss it.

Regards.

As soon as Sony ever decides to make their games available on PC, I'm cutting the console cord too. 

RJ_Sizzle said:
Pagan said:

Hey people. I just sold all of my consoles. I am console free now. Thought of holding the switch but nah. Just my PC left. But also just for printing something, writing emails and for sure my crypto wallets. 

Why i did that? Gaming is boring. My first "console" was a c64. So i have seen all of the generations. I have a son  now. He is better than every game with a 100 Meta Score.

I really feel free. I am happy about that. Just wanted to tell that to the vgchartz. I will not miss it.

Regards.

As soon as Sony ever decides to make their games available on PC, I'm cutting the console cord too. 

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/7/16746222/ps4-sales-70-million-units

Any day now.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network

I'm not really sure I can share my true feelings on this thread without risking my first moderation.

How can I put this....

And?

What's the point of this thread?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive

Ganoncrotch said:
I'm not really sure I can share my true feelings on this thread without risking my first moderation.

How can I put this....

And?

Just do it!!! I want to see an uncensored ganoncrotch !!!!

I mean, ganon .... 

No, Sold your all clothes !

Ganoncrotch said:

How can I put this....

And?

I mean, ganon .... 

Sure you just meant Ganon  You perv

Ganoncrotch said:

How can I put this....

And?

I mean, ganon .... 

I'll make it to 10k first!

but yeah... when it comes to this thread

Sure go for it if you want, but if you wanted to give up alcohol would you go into a bar and start to talk about how you just sold off all the hidden booze you had stashed in your PC case?

Why not check me out on youtube and help me on the way to 2k subs over at www.youtube.com/stormcloudlive