By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - Sold all my consoles.

Good for you. I genuinely hope that your son appreciates the effort you put in to spend quality time with him. Take care.

Around the Network

See you around, enjoy spending more time with your family

NintenDomination [May 2015 - July 2017]

- Official  VGChartz Tutorial Thread - 

NintenDomination [2015/05/19 - 2017/07/02]

Here lies the hidden threads. 

| |

Nintendo Metascore | Official NintenDomination | VGC Tutorial Thread

| Best and Worst of Miiverse | Manga Discussion Thead |
[3DS] Winter Playtimes [Wii U]

Changing diapers and lack of sleep has a metascore of 100?

An unfriendly reminder of how old we're getting... and how much I need to get my life on track haha

Congrats on cutting ties with gaming. I hope it gives you more time to be productive and spend time with your loved ones. :)

That's cool I guess. But I've heard the same thing from many of my own family members. Only to find that they at some time return to them. You'll probably peek back in but what it sounds like to me is, you need a break. I don't get bored of games because I limit how much I play, I keep a list of games I feel I need to play (basically not play everything that's good), and just balance your life, man.

It's like eating a bunch of one food, it tastes good for a while but eventually you'll get tired of it. It may get to the point where you can't even imagine taking another bite. Yet a week from then you'll be craving it again. But for games, I think taking a year+ break is normal and fair enough.

Around the Network
Lawlight said:
Changing diapers and lack of sleep has a metascore of 100?

96. Jim Sterling gave it a 3/10 on PS4 and EDGE gave it a 6/10 on 3DS.

Gamer147 said:
Video games rule.

True story, man! 

Yu know what? I was in a similar situation. For the longest time I thought of breaking away from video games once I have found a close to perfect gf. I did that recently only to find out she made me miss games lol. Video Games are like a part of my soul and if no one can understand that, a relationship can never work. Yeah, it's crazy how quick I began missing them the more I completely made time for the gf.

Having time for yourself is soooo important as well. Now she bugs me about playing video games and it's gonna get ugly, I assume. It's obvious she wants me to break away from them and I don't think I can do it. It's like telling someone to stop doing what they're passionate about.

So yeah. 

Sometimes I feel like that. It feels like video games are just another stress to add to the pile of stress that already exists. Just another chore to get to. A responsibility meant to hide your other responsibilities. And sometimes I want to rip away that luxury and just address the real problem at hand. To stop hiding and running from it.

But nope. There's a comfort in just conforming.

If you're happy with that, I'm happy for you. Let's see if you can handle that lack of gaming xD.

On a personal level, I prefer not to have children and playing videogames like a mad man . I intend to spend all my savings on me and my hobbies xD.

SegataSanshiro said:
VGPolyglot said:

Game consoles are inherently gaming-related, socks are not.

Ok so I can make an equally pointless topic how I have not sold all my consoles. Ok he sold them, so? Does he want a pat on the back? 

I was actually thinking the same. No offence to the guy who made the topic, but seriously...I think he just wants approval because deep down I think there's some guilt over what he did lol. I know that feeling all too well hehe.