By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - World gone mad - White House bans CDC from being factual

Aeolus451 said:
StarOcean said:

As long as it's "lulz it maeks th' left maddd!!1! XDXDxD" they're okay with it. Don't forget the moment it's "God" "Jesus" or "Christ" they'd need to change their tampon

That's already been happening. They're being removed from government buildings and there's people pushing for god to be removed from anything. Theres no praying in schools. Personally, I'm not religious so I don't care about those words getting buried but the hyperbolic reaction to this shit is hilarious. The words that are mainly being targeted are terms that have some political meaning or that would trigger progressives. Trolling is a smart tactic in politics because it's not done much and it's very public. There's no take backs. If you and I were running for a senate seat, it would be fairly easy to get you to flip your shit and say something crazy that voters wouldn't like. Just tweet a funny gif or make a comment about Israel on your page. Boom, I'm in.  

And that's where you're wrong. You have to play it cool during those things. Appear level headed. Maintain it until you have the ability to nuke the country to oblivion. With no warning, it all just goes... like that. Not without a cry or whimper, there would be no time to react or respond. The country and the majority of it's citizens would be gone. 

Around the Network
bananaking21 said:
Ljink96 said:
He's devolving our country...can't wait til he's fucking gone.

just 7 more years. its almost over.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO

TallSilhouette said:
Aeolus451 said:

Theres no praying in schools.

There's no obligatory praying in schools. You can pray (or not pray) to whomever you want so long as it doesn't disrupt class.

Aeolus451 said:

The words that are mainly being targeted are terms that have some political meaning or that would trigger progressives.

Explain discouraging 'evidence-based' and 'science-based', then. Are science and evidence really partisan terms, now?

Actually, I saw some about a coach who got in trouble because he was praying before games and some of the students joined him. There was big stink over it. It's becoming more stigmatized as time passes and  it will eventually be outright banned once it's frowned upon enough. 

Those terms could be political depending on how they're used. What if they're not being used with something that isn't based on science or evidence. Both sides will shun any research, studies and science they disagree with. The right will argue over climate related stuff and what the science/data means while the left will argue about trans/sexes and what it means. I think it's because they sometimes disagree with science at the time. It's not always right and their data can be interpreted in the different ways. I don't know why they chose to ban those words though. You would have to look at what the DNC uses those terms with to see why. 

Aeolus451 said:

Actually, I saw some about a coach who got in trouble because he was praying before games and some of the students joined him. There was big stink over it. It's becoming more stigmatized as time passes and  it will eventually be outright banned once it's frowned upon enough.

Is this what you're referring to? This comment sums it up pretty well:

"About the only result which could have been expected. Teachers are not allowed to promote their personal religion using the resources of public property no matter what their religion is. This teacher wasn't just worshiping his view of God, he was making a spectacle of it (something the Bible says Christians are not to do) He wasn't bowing his head in prayer where he was when the game was over. He was trotting out onto the 50 yard line to make a public spectacle of his faith, on the school property. He might have gotten away with it if he had invited people of other faiths to take part but no it had to be about him and his show. The court could not have ruled any other way."

Schools aren't moving toward banning all religion; they're moving away from promoting one religion/belief system over others.

TallSilhouette said:
Aeolus451 said:

"About the only result which could have been expected. Teachers are not allowed to promote their personal religion using the resources of public property no matter what their religion is. This teacher wasn't just worshiping his view of God, he was making a spectacle of it (something the Bible says Christians are not to do) He wasn't bowing his head in prayer where he was when the game was over. He was trotting out onto the 50 yard line to make a public spectacle of his faith, on the school property. He might have gotten away with it if he had invited people of other faiths to take part but no it had to be about him and his show. The court could not have ruled any other way."

Schools aren't moving toward banning all religion; they're moving away from promoting one religion/belief system over others.

My high school football team did the Lords Prayer before every game.

Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda Muda!!!!

Around the Network
TallSilhouette said:
Aeolus451 said:

The main religion in the US is Christianity and that was an attempt to stop people from praying if they wanted to. 

Arminillo said:

That's pretty inconsiderate if anyone on the team wasn't Christian.

Aeolus451 said:

The main religion in the US is Christianity and that was an attempt to stop people from praying if they wanted to. 

The court disagrees. He was allowed to pray on his own time, not as a spectacle representing the school and promoting a particular religion. When he continued to disobey school policy, he (and only he) was reprimanded.

monocle_layton said:

The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reportedly received a list from the Trump administration on Dec. 14 consisting of seven words or phrases that will be banned in all official documents prepared for 2018’s budget. 

The seven forbidden words or phrases are: “evidence-based,” “science-based,” “vulnerable,” “entitlement,” “diversity,” “transgender,” and “fetus.” Regarding the ban on using “evidence-based” or “science-based,” the White House suggested the alternative: “CDC bases its recommendations on science in consideration with community standards and wishes.”

The wordy stand-in would require the CDC to allow the personal and emotional wants of the public to influence scientific-based decisions surrounding human health. Other banned words did not even have a suggested replacement.

This is absolutely insane. What else does this administration need to do to let people realize they’re batshit insane? They can start a genocide and people will still kiss their ass. 

The CDC is extremely valuable when it comes to understanding the statistical side  of many issues. With the NRA’s hit against them and now this limit, it’s clear they’re just trying to avoid the truth.

Hitler burned books. Trump censors words.

That's how fascism looks like.

bananaking21 said: 
Ljink96 said: 
He's devolving our country...can't wait til he's fucking gone.

just 7 more years. its almost over.

If Americans really were that stupid they'd deserve it...but they aren't.

TallSilhouette said:
Arminillo said:

That's pretty inconsiderate if anyone on the team wasn't Christian.

Aeolus451 said:

The court disagrees. He was allowed to pray on his own time, not as a spectacle representing the school and promoting a particular religion. When he continued to disobey school policy, he (and only he) was reprimanded.

The fact that it came to the court proves my point. He was praticing his faith by himself and others decided to join him. He wasn't forcing anyone to pray with him. What happened is someone got triggered by someone so they went out of their way to put a stop to it. 

Also, none of this debunks what i said about the government going after religion and trying to remove it entirely. 

Aeolus451 said:

The fact that it came to the court proves my point...What happened is someone got triggered by someone so they went out of their way to put a stop to it.

Umm...no? He was disciplined for repeatedly disobeying school policy. When he took it up in court they said the school was in the right. That's not an attack on religion; that's an enforcement of impartiality and professionalism.

Aeolus451 said:

He was praticing his faith by himself and others decided to join him. He wasn't forcing anyone to pray with him.

"The Bremerton School District, located in Kitsap County across Puget Sound from Seattle, serves about 5,057 religiously diverse students, the court said. Kennedy, an assistant football coach there from 2008 to 2015, led students and coaching staff in locker-room prayers before and after most games and also prayed on the 50-yard line after games.Students eventually joined him in the prayers on the field, and he gave motivational speeches with religious content, the court said."

He was actively impressing his beliefs on the group on school time. The repeated and public 50 yard line displays were the last straw.

Aeolus451 said:

Also, none of this debunks what i said about the government going after religion and trying to remove it entirely.

The onus is on the claimant, not the skeptic. You said there's no praying in schools. There clearly is, just not as a school's display of favoritism. Thus far you haven't sufficiently supported how the government is 'going after religion' rather than just being impartial to various belief systems.

Last edited by TallSilhouette - on 18 December 2017