By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Politics Discussion - World gone mad - White House bans CDC from being factual

I have trouble buying this because it sounds so unreasonably insane.

Around the Network
CosmicSex said:
I have trouble buying this because it sounds so unreasonably insane.

Well, it has been denied and debunked so there’s no reason to believe it.

Lawlight said:
MDMAlliance said:

As with many things, it's a little more complicated:
But in follow-up reporting, The New York Times cited “a few” CDC officials who suggested the move was not meant as an outright ban, but rather, a technique to help secure Republican approval of the 2019 budget by eliminating certain words and phrases.

https://www.pbs.org/newshour/politics/cdc-director-says-there-are-no-banned-words-at-the-agency

Will TC respond to this? Because so far, he hasn’t corrected this thread.

My bad Lawlight I forgot about this thread.

anyway, as of now it’s a developing story, and the Democratic Party is asking for a proper explanation behind this. With conflicting reports, I’m wondering if they’re saying they’ll still use the terms regardless, or if there was a misunderstanding

something like this Is serious. It’s past politics - this can potentially prevent lives from being saved

Aeolus451 said:
TallSilhouette said:

That's pretty inconsiderate if anyone on the team wasn't Christian.

The court disagrees. He was allowed to pray on his own time, not as a spectacle representing the school and promoting a particular religion. When he continued to disobey school policy, he (and only he) was reprimanded.

The fact that it came to the court proves my point. He was praticing his faith by himself and others decided to join him. He wasn't forcing anyone to pray with him. What happened is someone got triggered by someone so they went out of their way to put a stop to it. 

Also, none of this debunks what i said about the government going after religion and trying to remove it entirely. 

I’d say it’s aggressive neutralism and not anti religion. A school banning Muslims from taking a 15 minute break to pray may seem as though they’re hating on religion, but truth is they can’t play favorites. It can be a bit unfair, but I’d rather have that than a religious nut complain because someone from a different religion gets to do X when they can’t 

He is using the middle eastern governorship model, works great for them

Around the Network

So then this is more fake news?

monocle_layton said:
Aeolus451 said:
Trump is trolling progressives with that and it will probably push a good bit of them to act a fool.

What? Of course it’ll piss people off. It’s literally banning key terms that will make a plethora of subjects exponentially more difficult to write about (or even write about).

Not too bad
“evidence-based,” “science-based,” founded on good science/evidence
“vulnerable,” hmm ... "susceptible"
“entitlement,” thing you are entitled to
“diversity,” diverseness/heterogeneity
“transgender,” genderbended
“fetus.” OVERGROWN EMBRYO (capslock mandatory)

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

OP got busted again with fake news... it seems 'genocide' is still not coming. A recommendation from bureaucrats do avoid misusing (not banning) spurious pseudo-scientific buzz words in budget proposal where they never belonged in the first place.

"These, I am told, are avoided because they are frequently misused or regularly overused in departmental documents ...The style guide does not prohibit the use of these terms, but it says they should be used only when alternatives (which it proposes in some cases) cannot be.
Did it make sense to suggest avoiding these terms? “Entitlement” really isn’t a term that should be used in congressional-justification documents (where “mandatory” is the technical, if actually less correct, term of art)
In public health, after all, “vulnerable” has a distinct definition, and there are some CDC programs that couldn’t really avoid using the term in justifying their budget requests"

http://www.nationalreview.com/corner/454752/cdc-did-not-ban-words-yuval-levin

numberwang said:

OP got busted again with fake news... it seems 'genocide' is still not coming. A recommendation from bureaucrats do avoid misusing (not banning) spurious pseudo-scientific buzz words in budget proposal where they never belonged in the first place.

"These, I am told, are avoided because they are frequently misused or regularly overused in departmental documents ...The style guide does not prohibit the use of these terms, but it says they should be used only when alternatives (which it proposes in some cases) cannot be.
Did it make sense to suggest avoiding these terms? “Entitlement” really isn’t a term that should be used in congressional-justification documents (where “mandatory” is the technical, if actually less correct, term of art)
In public health, after all, “vulnerable” has a distinct definition, and there are some CDC programs that couldn’t really avoid using the term in justifying their budget requests"

Your source contains a good rebuttal ... but please remind me what the predicted "genocide" was. 

Tag (courtesy of fkusumot): "Please feel free -- nay, I encourage you -- to offer rebuttal."
My advice to fanboys: Brag about stuff that's true, not about stuff that's false. Predict stuff that's likely, not stuff that's unlikely. You will be happier, and we will be happier.

"Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts." - Sen. Pat Moynihan
The old smileys: ; - ) : - ) : - ( : - P : - D : - # ( c ) ( k ) ( y ) If anyone knows the shortcut for , let me know!
I have the most epic death scene ever in VGChartz Mafia.  Thanks WordsofWisdom! 

Final-Fan said:
numberwang said:

Your source contains a good rebuttal ... but please remind me what the predicted "genocide" was. 

I think it's more so the reaction that "they are out here trying to kill us" like you'll see on social media (and places like ResetEra) in reference to anything the Trump administration does. In my mind, it's the hyperbolic equivalent of comparing Trump to Hitler or his decision making to Fascism.

"We'll toss the dice however they fall,
And snuggle the girls be they short or tall,
Then follow young Mat whenever he calls,
To dance with Jak o' the Shadows."

Check out MyAnimeList and my Game Collection. Owner of the 5 millionth post.