By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My FOURTH attempt at finishing Xenoblade Chronicles... here I go!

Tagged games:

the game is awesome, it just has a very slow start and you need time to really get into the RPG-strategy mechanics

the graphics are designed to look great from a distance, in order to create stunning views that bring out the true beauty of the xenoblade world

I used to play it like once a month at first, but then it picks up and now I'm kinda addicted, I feel I'm close to the end and then Xenoblade X is up next :)

don't mind my username, that was more than 10 years ago, I'm a different person now, amazing how people change ^_^

Around the Network
KLXVER said:
Bristow9091 said:
Also I wish there was a way to turn voice lines off in battle, they're annoying as shit, worse than Star Ocean!

They are way worse in XC2. "THINK YOU CAN TAKE ME!!!"

Yeah but you can turn them off in XBC2.

Gaming is supposed to be fun. Why force yourself to play something that you don't enjoy?

bigtakilla said:
Nem said:

Where did you hear Xenoblade X isn't good? That is ludicrous. It's a great game (and in my opinion it's the new mass effect). But, it's an open world game rather than a story driven one (think Skyrim).

Anyways if 6 hours is all you did, i don't see much hope. The game will take you at least 50 hours, and if the joy of exploration and characters didn't grab you, i doubt anything will1

^ This. X is excellent. It's not story driven as mentioned as well, but if the topic creator is interested in world building and deep, deep customization it literally gets no better than X. Not that it's story doesn't have great merit as well, but digging up a good picture of that story takes time and effort. X is a game you play if you love gameplay and getting lost in a new world.

I'll add that while it is open world driven rather than linear plot-driven, it doesn't mean a lack of story. There's actually more to the story than there is in the first Xenoblade game, it's just not in a single plotline, but rather an open world plot web.

In addition, I think the majority of people who didn't like Xenoblade Chronicles X were people disappointed the game wasn't the next zany adventure of Shulk and co. Most of them are completely unfamiliar with Monolith Soft's storied history in the video game industry; the team gelled together during the developments of Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger, and Xenogears... arguably as early as Final Fantasy 5, but it was in Final Fantasy 6 that we began to really see the archetypes of the Xeno games.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Bristow9091 said:
ARamdomGamer said:
I think that if this is your fourth attempt, maybe the Xenoblade games aren't for you buddy, just saying

I don't know, there's been a few games that took me a few tries to get into but I eventually ended up enjoying, and so far I've made it further than my previous attempts and I haven't lost interest... in fact I'm actually starting to like it! :o

Well good, but if exploring the world and perfecting your characters skill sets, armors, ect feel like hindrances you may be well on your way to disappointment overall with the game, even if you do enjoy it. Those are two huge factors in the Xeno experience. You'll soon enough be using the furnace to create gems, and considering how many characters you got it takes quite a bit of time. This isn't to discourage you from playing, quite the opposite. I'm merely telling you to sit back and enjoy. This game is gonna eat a ton of your free time.If it isn't worth it, then you're not experiencing the game.

Around the Network

Awesome game, but yes slow start. As with most rpgs anyway.

Jumpin said:
bigtakilla said:

^ This. X is excellent. It's not story driven as mentioned as well, but if the topic creator is interested in world building and deep, deep customization it literally gets no better than X. Not that it's story doesn't have great merit as well, but digging up a good picture of that story takes time and effort. X is a game you play if you love gameplay and getting lost in a new world.

I'll add that while it is open world driven rather than linear plot-driven, it doesn't mean a lack of story. There's actually more to the story than there is in the first Xenoblade game, it's just not in a single plotline, but rather an open world plot web.

In addition, I think the majority of people who didn't like Xenoblade Chronicles X were people disappointed the game wasn't the next zany adventure of Shulk and co. Most of them are completely unfamiliar with Monolith Soft's storied history in the video game industry; the team gelled together during the developments of Final Fantasy 6, Chrono Trigger, and Xenogears... arguably as early as Final Fantasy 5, but it was in Final Fantasy 6 that we began to really see the archetypes of the Xeno games.

Oh X is absolutely crazy. I wonder if the topic creator had seen many videos of X. This would have been insane if I went in cold, but I was eating up all the info I could on this game. Major plot twists were ruined to include the ending. And it's still one of my favorite games of all time along with XC. There's just FAR more than meets the eye in X.

Bristow9091 said:
bigtakilla said:

Oh X is absolutely crazy. I wonder if the topic creator had seen many videos of X. This would have been insane if I went in cold, but I was eating up all the info I could on this game. Major plot twists were ruined to include the ending. And it's still one of my favorite games of all time along with XC. There's just FAR more than meets the eye in X.

I HAVE seen videos of it, however I only really watched open world gameplay (The world really does look great in XCX) and battle gameplay to see how much had changed from the first game... oh, and I watched the trailers as they came out, lol.

Well don't rewatch them. Try to go in knowing as little as possible if you decide to play X.

Bristow9091 said:
bigtakilla said:

Well don't rewatch them. Try to go in knowing as little as possible if you decide to play X.

In terms of story, or gameplay and mechanics? I tend to avoid story spoilers like the plague when possible, but I do like to go into games knowing what I'm getting into gameplay wise, which ironically I didn't do the first few times with this game, which is probably why I'm actually enjoying this fourth playthrough, lol

Well I'll give you all the info you need right here no spoilers (that will ruin any part of the game at least ). Fighting mechanics are the same as the one you are playing now. Still auto strikes with arts and cool downs.  The depth of them though is drastically improved, I mean like a hundred fold. The world is no longer segmented areas of giant land masses, it is a gigantic open world sandbox with tons to explore on land, in the sky, and underground. The members of your party is basically doubled from the first game. 

It's the first game on steroids. 

Then add in the monster hunting crafting style from monster hunter in X. Crafting super weapons and gear is awesome! But takes a ton of time. 

Also, the story is a winding mystery. A lot doesn't get resolved (it plays out like a part 1 of a saga) but the focus of the game is on the characters. The story more revolves around the citizens of NLA, both foreign and domestic).  

Also there is a pretty big community that digs deeper into theories in the game, ect. Which I would be happy to share after completion of the game.

I own the original physically on Wii and like you, I have never finished it. I'm probably 75% of the way finished but I just can't take grinding anymore. Please, no more grinding. It's antiquated and needs to die already. As a matter of fact, it needed to die after the SNES/Genesis generation ended. Nothing says boring to me more than running around in a circle, within the same part of a game, killing the same three variations of enemies for an hour or two. Just typing that made me want to break something.