By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - My FOURTH attempt at finishing Xenoblade Chronicles... here I go!

Tagged games:

Bristow9091 said:
Player2 said:

Head Shot is worth getting because red arts are the most common (I think all characters have at least one) and Shulk, Reyn and the next character you'll get have powerful red arts, so it'll be useful most of the time. However, if I'm planning to use a purple chain with my party I'd drop Head Shot for Thunder Bullet, even if Thunder Bullet was at level 1.

I have this character with my party now, but not sure who to put in reserve, lol... I like having a healer with me for safety, but Reyn is great at taking aggro away from me... might just stick with the party I have for the time being.

XD84 said:

The plot at the end of the Ether Mine was when I totally got hooked with this game. Let me know how you liked the event that happened at that point of the game.

Spoiler heavy paragraph incoming, lol; 

I literally just finished that when I came off last night, was gonna' put an hour or two in, ended up playing for three hours because I really liked that whole section... I thought Xord was really cool, he was a persistent fucker, jumping up onto the elevator after I already thought he'd died, lol. Although I was sort of hoping Metal Face would stay silent, since his voice doesn't suit his appearance, or at least have a different voice to what he does... still seems like a cool villain from what I've seen though, pretty grim fellow isn't he, lol. I saved the game right after that flying thing, Telethia? appears and wrecks shit up, and then we see that guy... and I have questions about Shulks visions including some emperor? I'm assuming they'll get answered, so looking forward to that!

It's gotten really interesting in the last few hours, basically everything from the start of the Ether Mine onwards, and I'm looking forward to continuing with it... gonna' make some time to play a few hours (or more) tomorrow I think. 

I love Xord as an Enemy. He is so cruel and despicable and therefore a good villain. 

What I really like about the events in the Ether Mine is that there is a lot of character development happening of Shulk and Reyn and how the party understands better how the Monado works.

Your questions will be answered. 

How are you enjoying the game?

Around the Network
Bristow9091 said:
Player2 said:

I switched my party members a lot and still unlocked all the skills of Shulk, Reyn, Sharla and Dunban easily. Hitting level 99 is easy too (there are normal enemies with level 99). Give all characters a try (except the last one).

In fact I recommend switching out Reyn a good amount of time. It takes a lot of time to unlock his last skill tree because you have to get items from level 90+ enemies for it, so if you stick with him all the time you'll unlock all the skills from his first four trees early and from there until you unlock his fifth you'll be wasting SPs. Even if you put him in reserve you'll be wasting points because characters that don't fight still get a good amount of XP/AP/SP.

Besides, Dunban is very good, and his voice and battle quotes are cooler and way less annoying than Reyn's

Hmm... what Arts would you recommend I get with Dunban then? Guessing he isn't as tanky as Reyn?

He's.. different. He has less HP than Reyn, but he's more difficult to hit due to his high Agility and Serene Grace. I usually put a HP boosting gem on him.

Arts - Serene Grace, Gale Slash, Worldly Slash, Soaring Tempest, Tempest Kick, Steel Strike and Jaws of Death for sure. Heat Haze (100% crit aura) if he's not going to be a tank.

Have you done all the quests in the Refugee Camp?

Bristow9091 said:
XD84 said:

I love Xord as an Enemy. He is so cruel and despicable and therefore a good villain. 

What I really like about the events in the Ether Mine is that there is a lot of character development happening of Shulk and Reyn and how the party understands better how the Monado works.

Your questions will be answered. 

How are you enjoying the game?

Reply to spoilers; Oh yeah his whole personality is spot on, he almost seemed comedic with how over the top evil they made him, lol... shame he didn't last longer, would've liked to have seen more of him. 

And so far I'm really enjoying the game, only thirteen hours in, and just finished that section we've talked about, but over the last few hours of playing it really did pick up, I think the slow start has finally finished since it's introducing more now.

Player2 said:

He's.. different. He has less HP than Reyn, but he's more difficult to hit due to his high Agility and Serene Grace. I usually put a HP boosting gem on him.

Arts - Serene Grace, Gale Slash, Worldly Slash, Soaring Tempest, Tempest Kick, Steel Strike and Jaws of Death for sure. Heat Haze (100% crit aura) if he's not going to be a tank.

Have you done all the quests in the Refugee Camp?

Maybe I'll go Shulk, Sharla and Dunban in my party for the time being and see how he plays, I like Reyn because he can take the aggro from me, making it easier for Sharla, only having to heal one person, and I can heal myself a little as Shulk... but I'll give Dunban a try as a replacement.

And no, I've only done one side quest in the Refugee Camp, I've actually only done like four side quests in total, I was trying to focus on the story... I'm guessing there's a quest which gives me a good item or unlocks a new skill tree in there?

All the quests in the Refugee Camp are timed, they expire after a certain event happens (in this case, one that you can trigger right now by talking to Otharon in Colony 6).

Sidequests are the main source of Area Affinity, and if you don't have enough Area Affinity the quests that unlock extra skill trees won't be available.

Pah, helping the refugees from the murder bots! Shulk and Reyn are such SJWs!

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Bristow9091 said:
Player2 said:

All the quests in the Refugee Camp are timed, they expire after a certain event happens (in this case, one that you can trigger right now by talking to Otharon in Colony 6).

Sidequests are the main source of Area Affinity, and if you don't have enough Area Affinity the quests that unlock extra skill trees won't be available.

Ah right, I guess I better go back and do some side quests before continuing then... do the side quests at the Refugee Camp unlock extra skill trees for everyone, or just certain party members? Also, are there any other timed side quest areas I should know about before continuing?

They're useful to unlock a skill tree for a certain party member you're using right now.

Even if you don't plan on doing them pick up all quests you find, during the dialogue the affinity between your active characters will increase (those pink hearts you'll see).

There are more timed quests, but they're in areas you haven't reached yet.

After you've done all the quests in the Refugee Camp (don't forget to check both during the day and during the night to meet all the NPCs) talk to Otharon in Colony 6. After doing his quest you can keep doing stuff there and.... let's say that somehow you'll get more shops.

Around the Network
Jumpin said:
Pah, helping the refugees from the murder bots! Shulk and Reyn are such SJWs!

Blame the devs. I wish my characters could get all powerful by good old fashioned mob-slaughtering but nope, they decided that going sightseeing and being the world's errand boy for over 100 hours was a better idea

The worst part of Shulk, Reyn, and their SJWry was how they just kind of let the whole Avian Master Race die off, they didn’t save them.

Last edited by Super_Boom - on 24 December 2017

Jumpin said:
-Snip-

Thanks for not spoiling major plot elements.

Damn, my apologies. My silly jokes spoiled something. Not enough brain usage on my part. Doh!

Thanks moderator for catching my fumble. I’ll be more careful.

Jumpin said:

Damn, my apologies. My silly jokes spoiled something. Not enough brain usage on my part. Doh!

Thanks moderator for catching my fumble. I’ll be more careful.

vgchartz is a football team where the mods recover our fumbles