By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Nintendo Discussion - Skyrim or Xenoblade?

Bristow9091 said:
Luke888 said:
Xenoblade Chronciles 2 ! The story, soundtrack and combat system are AMAZING

Got any examples for the soundtrack? I love videogame music and the soundtrack of a game is a huge selling point to me  

https://youtu.be/9sKp2ZdBaYI

https://youtu.be/qE8Kx7SVXN8

https://youtu.be/df3EuehvvNY

https://youtu.be/y6TLtJ4epT0

Two field themes, a town theme, and a situational battle theme.

Around the Network
zorg1000 said:

Hello folks i currently have $70 in eShop credit and need help picking a new game, these are my top 2 picks but feel free to suggest other games as well. Thanks!!!

my vote goes to XBC2
only cause you can get skyrim for ~10$ on PC.

skyrim is the 'better' game.. but for full price i'd say go for XBC2... if you like JRPG's.
skyrim is nice, not played it on switch.. but xeno is a treat if if you like jrpg's with all the clunky things that are in the 'formula'

3DS FC# 4553-9947-9017 NNID: Bajablo

Torn-City - MMO text based RPG, join me! :)

Xenoblade 1 and 2 ;)

Wich Xenoblade is this?

If its the original, definitly that. If it's Wii U, definitly Xenoblade X.

If it's Switch, probably Xenoblade 2.

But this is if you like JRPG's. If you prefer the realistic kind of setting, then definitly Skyrim.

Well, I've never played Skyrim, so I can't comment on that. XC2 however I got terribly addicted to that and played longer than I should. So yeah, that game's pretty good I feel...

Dance my pretties!

The Official Art Thread      -      The Official Manga Thread      -      The Official Starbound Thread

Around the Network

As someone who's put 60 + hours into both, I've give the slight edge to Xenoblade 2 if only because of the price of Skyrim Switch. 

In a vacuum I guess I'd slightly favor Skyrim as I prefer more of the WPRG/open world types, but Xenobalde 2 is definitely $60 well spent, and it's not often I can say that when it comes to games. You can't really go wrong with either.

Basically, if you prefer a more open world WRPG that leans more heavily on gameplay, go Skyrim (although that's not to say Xenoblade 2 isn't a deep and complex RPG, far from it).

If you prefer more of a semi-linear, story driven JRPG, go with Xenoblade. 

"We hold these truths to be self-evident - all men and women created by the, go-you know.. you know the thing!" - Joe Biden

DarthMetalliCube said:

As someone who's put 60 + hours into both, I've give the slight edge to Xenoblade 2 if only because of the price of Skyrim Switch. 

In a vacuum I guess I'd slightly favor Skyrim as I prefer more of the WPRG/open world types, but Xenobalde 2 is definitely $60 well spent, and it's not often I can say that when it comes to games. You can't really go wrong with either.

Basically, if you prefer a more open world WRPG that leans more heavily on gameplay, go Skyrim (although that's not to say Xenoblade 2 isn't a deep and complex RPG, far from it).

If you prefer more of a semi-linear, story driven JRPG, go with Xenoblade. 

No need to beat around the bush. XC2 is extremely linear. Not a problem at all when the world is so vast and linearity is innate to the genre.

Bajablo said:
zorg1000 said:

Hello folks i currently have $70 in eShop credit and need help picking a new game, these are my top 2 picks but feel free to suggest other games as well. Thanks!!!

my vote goes to XBC2
only cause you can get skyrim for ~10$ on PC.

skyrim is the 'better' game.. but for full price i'd say go for XBC2... if you like JRPG's.
skyrim is nice, not played it on switch.. but xeno is a treat if if you like jrpg's with all the clunky things that are in the 'formula'

If you haven't played Skyrim, I'd say start with that... But 100% dependant on the type of game you enjoy. Look at gameplay, and decide for yourself, don't let others do it for you, you're the best judge of your own taste. Neither game can be ruined by looking at the first few minutes, I think.

Bet with PeH: 

I win if Arms sells over 700 000 units worldwide by the end of 2017.

Bet with WagnerPaiva:

I win if Emmanuel Macron wins the french presidential election May 7th 2017.

Mar1217 said:
If y'all for epic music, then it's XC2 without hesitation, good story and great worlds exploration there too !

Are you sure? Skyrim has some Lord of the Rings-esque music.  Very engaging. Its good to hear that it has a good soundtrack though.