By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Disney buy 21st Century Fox for $52.4billion

Dirtybynature said:

We have to remember that it was Fox that was looking to sell . People seem to be under the impression that Disney twisted their arm in a hostile takeover type maneuver. The other major candidate that was interested in purchasing was Comcast(Universal), which would have been the exact same scenario. 

This the combined market share of Disney/Fox/Fox Searchlight and Comcast/Fox/Fox Searchlight from the last 5 years -

Disney/Fox/Fox SL Comcast/Fox/Fox SL
2017 31.4% 27.7%
2016 39.7% 25.8%
2015 32.1% 33.6%
2014 32.8% 26.8%
2013 25.1% 22.6%

Doesn't seem like quite the monopoly that people are making it out to be. There's still a lot of competition to go around before they get to that stage. 

it is never the desire for a compony to give up and let themselfs being taken over, there is a lot of pressure from investors and banks who force them to do so, you wont get this conversation from official statements 

Around the Network
Rocketjay8 said:
Angelus said:
I've said this elsewhere, but keep in mind that this deal is at least a year away from being approved by the government if it's approved at all (though it likely will be). Things aren't set in stone just yet.

How are the chances of this will be disapproved by the government?

Probably quite poor. Rupert Murdoch is quite good friends with Trump as I understand it, so if he gets his way then the deal will likely go through in the end. It wouldn't be a great look for them, since they struck down a very similar deal in AT&T's proposed buyout of Time Warner, but.....I mean it's not like Trump and his administration really care about how hypocritical they appear is it? The optics aren't likely to bother them.

Hopefully they don't ruin Fox like they did with Star Wars.

Proud to be the first cool Nintendo fan ever

Number ONE Zelda fan in the Universe

DKCTF didn't move consoles

Prediction: No Zelda HD for Wii U, quietly moved to the succesor

Predictions for Nintendo NX and Mobile

Meh, Disney is kind of shit.

All of their Marvel movies have almost the exact same plot. The Fox ones were generally better; and in cases like Deadpool and Logan, significantly better.

I describe myself as a little dose of toxic masculinity.

Next target Sony movie studios and Playstation.

Please excuse my (probally) poor grammar