By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PUGB on XB1 drops to 4fps, issues also on XB1X- Digital Foundry

jason1637 said:
Bandorr said:
How will buying the "early access" of this work when the real version comes out?
The real version will probably be $60 right?

Will the $30 "early access" people get a free update saving $30? Or will they have to re-buy it - losing $30?
Or offer an "upgrade to full" for $30?

You pay $30 and you own a copy of the full game. If the game goes up to $60 for launch you still own it.

Ah, so it is like an investment.
I will take 10 copies please.

Around the Network

Not surprising. On PC even with a good gaming rig it’s not uncommon to have FPS performance issues.

It’s a poorly optimized game. But it’s fun.

jason1637 said:
Bandorr said:
How will buying the "early access" of this work when the real version comes out?

Will the $30 "early access" people get a free update saving $30? Or will they have to re-buy it - losing $30?

You pay $30 and you own a copy of the full game. If the game goes up to $60 for launch you still own it.

I never buy a game for $60 unless it's a physical release special/limited edition.

The quality one expects of an XBox Console Exclusive™

Moderated - think-man

Last edited by think-man - on 13 December 2017

ThisGuyFooks said:
hunter_alien said:
Yupp... MS was right, its like one of their first party titles alright. Maybe next time try and develop a franchise that is worth a damn rather than buy up poorly optimized PC ports. Because lets face it, in this state this is unnacaptable.

jason1637 said:
Just bought my copy and it's downloading right now.
Its Game Preview so I expected the game to run not so well but I hope they can polish the frame rate in a few weeks.

The game has been running like shit on PC for months, i don't think they will be able to fix the game by themselves (much less in weeks). Either MS takes part in the process or by 2045 the game will still be in Beta.

The game runs good on PC now and they're adding some more optimization when 1.0 comes out later this month. I feel that people saying the game ran like shit a few months ago was justified but now if the game runs like shit for someone they need a new PC because it runs pretty well now. 

Considering how bad the frames are I wouldn't be surprised if the game had a steady 30fps with maybe some slight drops by mid January.

Around the Network

4 fps? Oh man, this was a great deal for Microsoft.

I already can see the ads.

“Exclusive Photo mode, exclusively on the Xbox One (exclusive)”

jason1637 said:
Bandorr said:

Interesting.  So a bit of a gamble then.

• Deadliest mass shooting by an individual in US history (10/01/2017)
  • Deadliest high school shooting in US history (02/14/2018)
  • Deadliest massacre of Jews in US history (10/27/2018)
  • Political assassination attempt of TWO former presidents(and 10+ other people)  (10/23/2018 - and beyond)

4fps? Well... the PS4 version is at 0fps. So it's still the superior one

The game looks like it's from 2010. Why is it having difficulty running properly? Is it because of the large amount of players?

Microsoft issuing refunds for PUBG