By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PUGB on XB1 drops to 4fps, issues also on XB1X- Digital Foundry

Should be patched up quickly. The game runs decently for me other than the parachuting segment. More concern with the controls. It can use some tweaking.

Around the Network

Okay so I've played 3 matches and here are my opinions.
I thought the game would be a mess after reading and watching some stuff online and honestly the only time I felt frame drops was dropping to the ground and on the loading lobby. I'm sure frame dropped while playing but I didn't notice them so I was surprised.
Also heard lots of shit talk about controls and they're not bad. Inventory is easier than I thought. Only thing I didn't like is that there seems to be no aim assists at all which make gunfights longer than PC version and a bit hard.
Overall it ain't bad and its as addictive as it is on OC.

I alluded to this in the comments of a news article here a week or so back, (that the game runs like trash), and it upset a very vocal xbox fan who took it as a slight against his chosen console.

Hopefully he see's this thread and realizes that it was, in fact, a slight against poorly optimized games.

Normchacho said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Terrible, they gotta optimize this game.

Surprised to see its hitting 1080p and 4K though. It shows CPU is the primary issue.

Which should be a surprise to no one. The current consoles, especially the mid-gen upgrades, are so imbalanced.

No, most games run better than this. Sometimes even 60 fps.

Maybe this game is poorly optimized on CPU? Fortnite seems to hold up better doing something similar on the same engine.

jason1637 said:
Okay so I've played 3 matches and here are my opinions.
I thought the game would be a mess after reading and watching some stuff online and honestly the only time I felt frame drops was dropping to the ground and on the loading lobby. I'm sure frame dropped while playing but I didn't notice them so I was surprised.
Also heard lots of shit talk about controls and they're not bad. Inventory is easier than I thought. Only thing I didn't like is that there seems to be no aim assists at all which make gunfights longer than PC version and a bit hard.
Overall it ain't bad and its as addictive as it is on OC.

I agree with you. If people watch others stream this game they will know the frames isn't too bad when you are on the ground fighting.

Around the Network

Played six duo matches tonight with my little brother, game ran just fine. Was good fun. Can’t wait to get some squads going.

Don't know why MS was so hungry to take on early access games. They already got two PR setbacks with this game already. I understand they wanted something for the holidays that was popular, but I think a better service for their customers should have been top priority.

I played some games last night on X. Yeah I was suprised how awful it looks, almost like original Xbox game at times. Pre-game lobby is a mess and I noticed some framerate dips right after landing.

But it's still very much playable and fun even though I was completely lost for couple of games. I van see why it's so popular despite the issues.

They still have alot of work to do but it's cool to be a part of this early access.

Mr Puggsly said:
Normchacho said:

Which should be a surprise to no one. The current consoles, especially the mid-gen upgrades, are so imbalanced.

No, most games run better than this. Sometimes even 60 fps.

Maybe this game is poorly optimized on CPU? Fortnite seems to hold up better doing something similar on the same engine.

Oh yeah, I was just saying that if a game is having frame rate issues it's obvious that it's going to be the fault of the woefully underpowered CPUs.

PUBG is just fucked from a technical standpoint.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

I've been enjoying it. Not the best looking game but fun as hell. Framerate sucks untill you hit the ground, it a few seconds after that. At least it's playable. Unlike the Drive club crapfest.

Moderated - think-man

Last edited by think-man - on 13 December 2017