By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PUGB on XB1 drops to 4fps, issues also on XB1X- Digital Foundry

Mr Puggsly said:
Terrible, they gotta optimize this game.

Surprised to see its hitting 1080p and 4K though. It shows CPU is the primary issue.

Which should be a surprise to no one. The current consoles, especially the mid-gen upgrades, are so imbalanced.

Bet with Adamblaziken:

I bet that on launch the Nintendo Switch will have no built in in-game voice chat. He bets that it will. The winner gets six months of avatar control over the other user.

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
VGPolyglot said:

I'm not entirely sure myself, but Minecraft isn't even fully independent anymore, with the current versions on the XB1 and PC being synced together. I did find this though:

"Battlegrounds is a work in progress. The PC version has been in Steam’s Early Access program since March and has been adding features and content on a regular basis. After a short delay announced in July, the game will have it’s official 1.0 release for PC on Dec. 20.

For its console release, Battlegrounds will be entering the Xbox Game Preview program, which is similar to Early Access on Steam. When it launches, the console version will not be at the same stage of development as the PC version. Nico Bihary, Microsoft’s executive producer on the project, says players should expect a gameplay experience that is about six months behind the PC version."

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/11/16761928/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-xbox-one-faq-tips-guide-release-date

Thanks for the link :)

You're welcome!!

Aaron back at it again

Should be patched up quickly. The game runs decently for me other than the parachuting segment. More concern with the controls. It can use some tweaking.

Okay so I've played 3 matches and here are my opinions.
I thought the game would be a mess after reading and watching some stuff online and honestly the only time I felt frame drops was dropping to the ground and on the loading lobby. I'm sure frame dropped while playing but I didn't notice them so I was surprised.
Also heard lots of shit talk about controls and they're not bad. Inventory is easier than I thought. Only thing I didn't like is that there seems to be no aim assists at all which make gunfights longer than PC version and a bit hard.
Overall it ain't bad and its as addictive as it is on OC.

Around the Network

I alluded to this in the comments of a news article here a week or so back, (that the game runs like trash), and it upset a very vocal xbox fan who took it as a slight against his chosen console.

Hopefully he see's this thread and realizes that it was, in fact, a slight against poorly optimized games.

Normchacho said:
Mr Puggsly said:
Terrible, they gotta optimize this game.

Surprised to see its hitting 1080p and 4K though. It shows CPU is the primary issue.

Which should be a surprise to no one. The current consoles, especially the mid-gen upgrades, are so imbalanced.

No, most games run better than this. Sometimes even 60 fps.

Maybe this game is poorly optimized on CPU? Fortnite seems to hold up better doing something similar on the same engine.

Recently Completed
River City: Rival Showdown
for 3DS (3/5) - River City: Tokyo Rumble for 3DS (4/5) - Zelda: BotW for Wii U (5/5) - Zelda: BotW for Switch (5/5) - Zelda: Link's Awakening for Switch (4/5) - Rage 2 for X1X (4/5) - Rage for 360 (3/5) - Streets of Rage 4 for X1/PC (4/5) - Gears 5 for X1X (5/5) - Mortal Kombat 11 for X1X (5/5) - Doom 64 for N64 (emulator) (3/5) - Crackdown 3 for X1S/X1X (4/5) - Infinity Blade III - for iPad 4 (3/5) - Infinity Blade II - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Infinity Blade - for iPad 4 (4/5) - Wolfenstein: The Old Blood for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Origins for X1 (3/5) - Uncharted: Lost Legacy for PS4 (4/5) - EA UFC 3 for X1 (4/5) - Doom for X1 (4/5) - Titanfall 2 for X1 (4/5) - Super Mario 3D World for Wii U (4/5) - South Park: The Stick of Truth for X1 BC (4/5) - Call of Duty: WWII for X1 (4/5) -Wolfenstein II for X1 - (4/5) - Dead or Alive: Dimensions for 3DS (4/5) - Marvel vs Capcom: Infinite for X1 (3/5) - Halo Wars 2 for X1/PC (4/5) - Halo Wars: DE for X1 (4/5) - Tekken 7 for X1 (4/5) - Injustice 2 for X1 (4/5) - Yakuza 5 for PS3 (3/5) - Battlefield 1 (Campaign) for X1 (3/5) - Assassin's Creed: Syndicate for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare for X1 (4/5) - Call of Duty: MW Remastered for X1 (4/5) - Donkey Kong Country Returns for 3DS (4/5) - Forza Horizon 3 for X1 (5/5)

jason1637 said:
Okay so I've played 3 matches and here are my opinions.
I thought the game would be a mess after reading and watching some stuff online and honestly the only time I felt frame drops was dropping to the ground and on the loading lobby. I'm sure frame dropped while playing but I didn't notice them so I was surprised.
Also heard lots of shit talk about controls and they're not bad. Inventory is easier than I thought. Only thing I didn't like is that there seems to be no aim assists at all which make gunfights longer than PC version and a bit hard.
Overall it ain't bad and its as addictive as it is on OC.

I agree with you. If people watch others stream this game they will know the frames isn't too bad when you are on the ground fighting.

Played six duo matches tonight with my little brother, game ran just fine. Was good fun. Can’t wait to get some squads going.

Don't know why MS was so hungry to take on early access games. They already got two PR setbacks with this game already. I understand they wanted something for the holidays that was popular, but I think a better service for their customers should have been top priority.