By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PUGB on XB1 drops to 4fps, issues also on XB1X- Digital Foundry

ThisGuyFooks said:

Kudos for Microsoft Customer Service.

See guys? Being Early Access/Beta Game is no excuse for shitty performance, specially because you are PAYING for the game.

Nobody would give AF if the game was Free.

Look at how MS returns your money with no BS excuse.

Imagine if you were like:

A) "So Microsoft, i want my money back. The game's performance is just too rough around the edges, im not pleased with the product"

B) "Thank you for calling, but the game is a Beta so we cannot return your money. Thanks for calling."

Underwhelming performance on a Beta Game IS a valid reason to complain.

Not Microsofts fault people can't read the blatant "game preview edition" and "game is a work in progress". Thats been stated multiple times in PR too.

Plus, it's not like the people who paid will have to pay extra for 1.0.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Around the Network

Played a game. Frame rate was dreadful during lobby and airdrop. Only got rare and minor drops during actual game play. Considering how ugly the game is though, I was expecting better.

LudicrousSpeed said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Wow...smdh.

If some companies do it that makes this situation alright, right?

If some companies do what, have rough early access games? They all have rough early access games. It’s almost as if these early access games are like, unfinished games still being worked on and not yet released.

It's leaving early access in like a week, no? Or is that just the PC version, and the X1 version is remaining in early access for now?

Given how closely matched the frame-rates are at the start (relative to the overall hardware gap between the X1 and X), it's likley this is a CPU issue. We're effectively seeing the difference between a potato versus a potato with a pretty hat. It's likley that a PS4 version would perform even worse, given its CPU is clocked slightly lower than the base X1's.

FALSE!!!! Theres no such thing as PUGB on XB1!

Pocky Lover Boy! 

Around the Network
Zekkyou said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

If some companies do what, have rough early access games? They all have rough early access games. It’s almost as if these early access games are like, unfinished games still being worked on and not yet released.

It's leaving early access in like a week, no? Or is that just the PC version, and the X1 version is remaining in early access for now?

That's just the PC version.

ThisGuyFooks said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Companies already sell poorly optimized full price finished games, why would they not be allowed to sell games clearly marked early access/game preview?

Wow...smdh.

If some companies do it that makes this situation alright, right?

Yes.  So long as they aren't hiding the fact that its an unfinished game, there is nothing wrong with it.  

VGPolyglot said:
Zekkyou said:

Huh, interesting. Is it a matter of them simply being out of sync (so the PC version will get stuff first), or is the console version going to be fully independent (like Minecraft)?

Zekkyou said:
VGPolyglot said:

Huh, interesting. Is it a matter of them simply being out of sync (so the PC version will get stuff first), or is the console version going to be fully independent (like Minecraft)?

I'm not entirely sure myself, but Minecraft isn't even fully independent anymore, with the current versions on the XB1 and PC being synced together. I did find this though:

"Battlegrounds is a work in progress. The PC version has been in Steam’s Early Access program since March and has been adding features and content on a regular basis. After a short delay announced in July, the game will have it’s official 1.0 release for PC on Dec. 20.

For its console release, Battlegrounds will be entering the Xbox Game Preview program, which is similar to Early Access on Steam. When it launches, the console version will not be at the same stage of development as the PC version. Nico Bihary, Microsoft’s executive producer on the project, says players should expect a gameplay experience that is about six months behind the PC version."

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/11/16761928/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-xbox-one-faq-tips-guide-release-date

VGPolyglot said:
Zekkyou said:

I'm not entirely sure myself, but Minecraft isn't even fully independent anymore, with the current versions on the XB1 and PC being synced together. I did find this though:

"Battlegrounds is a work in progress. The PC version has been in Steam’s Early Access program since March and has been adding features and content on a regular basis. After a short delay announced in July, the game will have it’s official 1.0 release for PC on Dec. 20.

For its console release, Battlegrounds will be entering the Xbox Game Preview program, which is similar to Early Access on Steam. When it launches, the console version will not be at the same stage of development as the PC version. Nico Bihary, Microsoft’s executive producer on the project, says players should expect a gameplay experience that is about six months behind the PC version."

https://www.polygon.com/2017/12/11/16761928/playerunknowns-battlegrounds-xbox-one-faq-tips-guide-release-date

Thanks for the link :)