By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Microsoft Discussion - PUGB on XB1 drops to 4fps, issues also on XB1X- Digital Foundry

Often times, software is more important than hardware.

Devs gotta get on with fixing this.

Around the Network

Kudos for Microsoft Customer Service.

See guys? Being Early Access/Beta Game is no excuse for shitty performance, specially because you are PAYING for the game.

Nobody would give AF if the game was Free.

Look at how MS returns your money with no BS excuse.

Imagine if you were like:

A) "So Microsoft, i want my money back. The game's performance is just too rough around the edges, im not pleased with the product"

B) "Thank you for calling, but the game is a Beta so we cannot return your money. Thanks for calling."

Underwhelming performance on a Beta Game IS a valid reason to complain.

ThisGuyFooks said:

Microsoft issuing refunds for PUBG

You can get any digital game refunded by Microsoft if you have played less than 2 hours but in some cases if you call them an explain your issue they will refund it for you. I did that with NBA 2K16.

ThisGuyFooks said:

See guys? Being Early Access/Beta Game is no excuse for shitty performance, specially because you are PAYING for the game.

A) "So Microsoft, i want my money back. The game's performance is just too rough around the edges, im not pleased with the product"

B) "Thank you for calling, but the game is a Beta so we cannot return your money. Thanks for calling."

But that's what you're paying for with early access games. You're paying for an unfinished copy of a game that will have issues. The feedback the community gives will help the game develop and fixes will be made. If you don't want to pay for an unfinished game wait for it to leave early access.

Terrible, they gotta optimize this game.

Surprised to see its hitting 1080p and 4K though. It shows CPU is the primary issue.

Around the Network
ThisGuyFooks said:
LudicrousSpeed said:

Companies already sell poorly optimized full price finished games, why would they not be allowed to sell games clearly marked early access/game preview?

Wow...smdh.

If some companies do it that makes this situation alright, right?

If some companies do what, have rough early access games? They all have rough early access games. It’s almost as if these early access games are like, unfinished games still being worked on and not yet released.

ThisGuyFooks said:

Not Microsofts fault people can't read the blatant "game preview edition" and "game is a work in progress". Thats been stated multiple times in PR too.

Plus, it's not like the people who paid will have to pay extra for 1.0.

Bet with Intrinsic:

The Switch will outsell 3DS (based on VGchartz numbers), according to me, while Intrinsic thinks the opposite will hold true. One month avatar control for the loser's avatar.

Played a game. Frame rate was dreadful during lobby and airdrop. Only got rare and minor drops during actual game play. Considering how ugly the game is though, I was expecting better.

LudicrousSpeed said:
ThisGuyFooks said:

Wow...smdh.

If some companies do it that makes this situation alright, right?

If some companies do what, have rough early access games? They all have rough early access games. It’s almost as if these early access games are like, unfinished games still being worked on and not yet released.

It's leaving early access in like a week, no? Or is that just the PC version, and the X1 version is remaining in early access for now?

Given how closely matched the frame-rates are at the start (relative to the overall hardware gap between the X1 and X), it's likley this is a CPU issue. We're effectively seeing the difference between a potato versus a potato with a pretty hat. It's likley that a PS4 version would perform even worse, given its CPU is clocked slightly lower than the base X1's.