By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Gaming Discussion - "The Nintendo Switch Is Selling Exactly As Fast As Sony's PS4" - Forbes

Do you agree with the article?

Yes, Switch will KILL the PS4! 18 12.95%

No, PS4 will remain champion! 74 53.24%

Hard to tell right now, time will only tell. 47 33.81%

Total:139
dgboweniii said:

Gotta figure Nintendo is going to come out firing at the January direct. 

They need note-able games each quarter....  Already have Bayonetta in Feb., Let's say Fire Emblem in April, Animal Crossing in June, Pokemon in Oct....  Something like that, and maybe you get more Wii U releases to fill it all out along with some 3rd party stuff.

I think Pokemon really is too early in development for a 2018 release. My money is on spring 2019. But I have confidence that Nintendo will keep the monthly big game strategy going in 2018. It simply works.

Around the Network

Originally, my prediction for Switch was between 80-100 million.
But, now I have one foot off that bandwagon and in a the 100+ million one.
So, I'll be taking the "wait and see" route.

Last edited by PAOerfulone - on 12 December 2017

OTBWY said:
You sound unhappy.

Hmm, more like nervous (I'm terrified of the Nintendo guys lol)...but now more excited as I'm eager to know how the final numbers will look. 

PAOerfulone said:
Originally, my prediction for Switch was between 80-100 million.
But, I have one foot off that bandwagon and the other foot in a the 100+ million one.
So, I'll be taking the "wait and see" route.

Yeah, I hear ya! My money is still on the PS4 but I think the Switch and PS4 will see 100+ million units. But who sells more, is anyone's guess....like I said, if I had to bet for a million dollars I would put it down on the PS4. *gulp*

Both systems are tremendous successes, let's rejoice as gamers!

Signature goes here!

Around the Network

i think both do great, both have exclusive games that will sell many hardware, but yeah 2018 will be a interesting year

Forbes have some writers that just write provocative things.

Launch alligned will Switch overtake PS4? After the holidays, yeah. And then when the PS4 has it's holiday it'll take over. Too early to compare launches but I would be very very surprised if it outsold it lifetime.

There's only 2 races: White and 'Political Agenda'
2 Genders: Male and 'Political Agenda'
2 Hairstyles for female characters: Long and 'Political Agenda'
2 Sexualities: Straight and 'Political Agenda'

ZODIARKrebirth said:
i think both do great, both have exclusive games that will sell many hardware, but yeah 2018 will be a interesting year

Exactly! I always thought we only need Sony and Nintendo in the video game world. I hate to say it, but I can live without Microsoft.

Sony did it better than Sega and deserve to be where they are. Sony USED to be the new kid on the block and they came so far and look at them now. Some would argue they are the new Nintendo! As for Nintendo, they are the only company that's from the 80's and still around and kicking strong! Says a LOT about the guys who pioneered the industry. That is why I believe Nintendo will never die. The originators NEVER do!

TruckOSaurus said:
Both systems are tremendous successes, let's rejoice as gamers!

^^^

PS4 is doomed and it has no gaemz

Switch will sell 200m lifetime