By using this site, you agree to our Privacy Policy and our Terms of Use. Close

Forums - Movies & TV - Star Wars Episode VIII: The Last Jedi - 85 Meta (49 Critics) - 93% Rotten (169 Critics)

I've already skimmed through all the plot points and spoilers in the film (don't worry, I won't spoil anything here), and all I can say is this:

Star Wars, we hardly knew ye. This thing is officially a reanimated zombie that prints money for the House of Mouse.

On 2/24/13, MB1025 said:
You know I was always wondering why no one ever used the dollar sign for $ony, but then I realized they have no money so it would be pointless.

Around the Network

Yeah, I don’t think so.

It's Star Wars. One of the franchises where review scores are pointless. Gonna see it in 2 weeks because of habit.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.

Ha, I read the title as the movie having 94% rotten reviews, instead of a 94% on rottentomatoes. Good thing that Meta score was there, or I would have had a heart attack! (I love Star Wars)

gigantor21 said:

The title makes it sound like it only got 6% fresh on RT, LMAO.

Force Awakens got 93% but was just "okayish" for me. Really hoping this one lives up to the hype.

Same force was too much like hope for me but still a good movie in my opinnion. Here's hoping Jedi isn't that much like empire.

Around the Network
mZuzek said:
Veknoid_Outcast said:
Oh man this is reassuring. After Rogue One and all the behind-the-scenes drama with Trevorrow and Lord/Miller I've been pessimistic.

You know what else was reassuring?

I'm not falling for it twice.

What? TFA was great

Matsku said:
gigantor21 said:

The title makes it sound like it only got 6% fresh on RT, LMAO.

Force Awakens got 93% but was just "okayish" for me. Really hoping this one lives up to the hype.

Same force was too much like hope for me but still a good movie in my opinnion. Here's hoping Jedi isn't that much like empire.

Here's what I heard in regards to being a psudo-remake like TFA: It isn't. However, it uses familiar beats to run against your expectations. So as far as being Empire-lite, it shouldn't be 

StarOcean said:
Matsku said:

Here's what I heard in regards to being a psudo-remake like TFA: It isn't. However, it uses familiar beats to run against your expectations. So as far as being Empire-lite, it shouldn't be 

This is what I've heard and it's reassuring

I feel like this trilogy, instead of approaching Lucas' original vision, is a bait-and-switch from the older characters we love, to marketable cute droids, aliens and a young, ever shifting "diverse" cast of characters who of course are paid less, and the mass-produced films of an expanded universe of little creativity but plenty of executive meddling.

haxxiy said:

I feel like this trilogy, instead of approaching Lucas' original vision, is a bait-and-switch from the older characters we love, to marketable cute droids, aliens and a young, ever shifting "diverse" cast of characters who of course are paid less, and the mass-produced films of an expanded universe of little creativity but plenty of executive meddling.

You're talking as if Star Wars is just a tool to make money from merchandise.

If you demand respect or gratitude for your volunteer work, you're doing volunteering wrong.